Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you understand me right and thank you for your reply!
Thank you!

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you for your reply!
The boot time is about 2-3 Minutes, I will try with the SSD, upon now I use SSHD Disk.

2-3 minute boot time is too long even for HDD. You must have done something wrong.

Next question, which functions are supplied with the mousepad?
On my mousepad works scrolling with two finger, are much more functions supplied?
I dont found any upon now...

Which trackpad is in your laptop?

Hi guys, any updated guide for Sierra os installation on this device?

Installing Sierra is similar. Guide will not be updated until Sierra release.

2-3 minute boot time is too long even for HDD. You must have done something wrong.

If I recall correctly, the 2.5SATA that came with the computer was a hybrid, but only 5400rpm. Slow as hell. Wouldn't surprise me if it honestly took that long

Hi guys, any updated guide for Sierra os installation on this device?

If you follow the past 10 or so pages, you'll see that I've posted what I've done to get Sierra working.
There are still a few bugs that aren't fixed (on Apple's end), so be prepared for that

Hello again,

I was able to successfully change prealloc setting to 0x4.

What I did is:
Download 1.14 bios.
Change bios installer flag in .ini file to allow downgrading.
Downgraded to 1.14.
Set variable for prealloc to 0x4 from 0x1 via uefi boot loader on usb pendrive.
Upgrade back to bios 3.03.

> OSX screen flickering is gone.
> Bios version is 3.03 again.

However new problem appeared:

When running osx screen randomly goes black after 30-60 seconds, I have to use Fn+F1, alt combo to wake it up.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?
Is it easy to fix?

EDIT: Fixed by disabling legacy boot.

Thanks for your help guys, looks like all issues are resolved now and I can fully enjoy my hackintosh y50-70 UHD model :)

hey man
can you please explain how you did the DVMT-prealloc thing? i can't seem to figure it out.
I downgraded my bios to 1.14 but i don't get what to do from here.

hey man
can you please explain how you did the DVMT-prealloc thing? i can't seem to figure it out.
I downgraded my bios to 1.14 but i don't get what to do from here.

Follow the link in the first post

Let me begin by saying that sarcasm won't get you far on this forum. Don't expect everyone to spoonfeed you. We will however happily answer questions that are not described elsewhere.
A little bit of research and reading will go a long way, especially because you will definitely run into bugs in the process.

But you can also use a UEFI shell to adjust the DVMT-prealloc and avoid using a patched BIOS. Lately this is commonly done on Broadwell machines. Check at the links from the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html. Look at question "Is Intel Broadwell graphics supported?". There are a number links there with a few different guides that explain how to extract BIOS, search for the variable, and set it with a special UEFI shell (based on grub). Since all Y50 laptops are likely to use the same variable offset, please post the details in this thread, so that this post can be updated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back