Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

After the downgrade to Bios 1.14, I have updated the DVMT prealloc, everything work finde.
But adter the update Bios to 3.03 the prealloc has been changed back to 0 MB.
Somebody an idea....
Thank you for the really good work and help on this.
I have tested that and have v3.03 working fine and realloc remains same

Hi all,

I used a EFI shell to change the DVMT-prealloc from the shell, and changed as per Post 1.
As already said OSX works fine with 1.14 and changed DVMT-prealloc. After the BIOS update v3.03
OSX dont work any more, display flickering....somebody an idea?....I checked the DVMT-prealloc again
using Windows methode, it show 0MB, before it shown 128 MB. I know that Window show another
result but it seems to be true....

which v3.03 did you used?
this one??

http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Notebook-Lenovo?linkTrack=Homepage%3ABody_Search+Products&beta=false

Last edited:
Hi all,

I used a EFI shell to change the DVMT-prealloc from the shell, and changed as per Post 1.
As already said OSX works fine with 1.14 and changed DVMT-prealloc. After the BIOS update v3.03
OSX dont work any more, display flickering....somebody an idea?....I checked the DVMT-prealloc again
using Windows methode, it show 0MB, before it shown 128 MB. I know that Window show another
result but it seems to be true....

which v3.03 did you used?
this one??

http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Notebook-Lenovo?linkTrack=Homepage%3ABody_Search+Products&beta=false

Is there a chance you reset back to default after you flashed 3.0.3?
Once you are off 1.14 you cannot reset your bios

Hi all,
i followed the guide with my lenovo y70 70 from 2015.
It all went well untill i copied the config.plist from the repository.
I have copied the the smbios section from a generated config.plist to my config in the efi folder, but after reboot i get only a blank clover menu w/o any HDDs to boot from.

When I copy the efi folder from the usb to the hdd, the system boots up again but the hardware support is missing then.

Any ideas of what i am doing wrong?

Hi all,
I have copied the the smbios section from a generated config.plist to my config in the efi folder, but after reboot i get only a blank clover menu w/o any HDDs to boot from.

When I copy the efi folder from the usb to the hdd, the system boots up again but the hardware support is missing then.

Post EFI folder
I suspect that when the clover menu was empty, you forgot to put HFSPlus and NTFS in your EFI folder

Hi all,

You forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.

I had successfully installed OSX 10.11.3 on my Y50-70 UHD. I then attempted, and failed, to set up Clover on the HDD. When I couldn't see clover on the Boot Menu I decided to try booting with the install USB drive. Every time I try to load Clover from the install USB I get a black screen with nothing else. I have tried re-setting up the the USB, using a different USB drive, reformatted my successful install, triple checked the BIOS, and I still get the same result. I can no longer open the Clover boot menu. All I get is a blank/black screen.

I had successfully installed OSX 10.11.3 on my Y50-70 UHD. I then attempted, and failed, to set up Clover on the HDD. When I couldn't see clover on the Boot Menu I decided to try booting with the install USB drive. Every time I try to load Clover from the install USB I get a black screen with nothing else. I have tried re-setting up the the USB, using a different USB drive, reformatted my successful install, triple checked the BIOS, and I still get the same result. I can no longer open the Clover boot menu. All I get is a blank/black screen.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back