Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, but I wonder whether it's a clover limitation. I think some injections don't get considered on sleep

Clover is not involved with sleep/wake. Clover is a bootloader. It's job is over once the system is booted.

Hi all,

I have checked the system, upon now I dont have any Problems instead of the booting time.
The booting time of the system is very long, have somebody an idea how to treat this problem?

I will be triple booting (W10, El capitan, Ubuntu) on a 960 GB SSD, from experience, how much space you think i should allocate to el capitan?

Can i have a seperate partition for multimedia purposes that can be accessed from all 3 systems?

Hi all,

I have checked the system, upon now I dont have any Problems instead of the booting time.
The booting time of the system is very long, have somebody an idea how to treat this problem?

Define "very long". Do you have SSD or HDD? Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I will be triple booting (W10, El capitan, Ubuntu) on a 960 GB SSD, from experience, how much space you think i should allocate to el capitan?

Depends on what data you plan to store with your OS X partition.

Can i have a seperate partition for multimedia purposes that can be accessed from all 3 systems?

FAT32 (partition/file size limitations though). Create such partitions only from Windows or Ubuntu.

Hi all,

Upgrade to an SSD
The built in hybrid drive is crap

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you for your reply!
The boot time is about 2-3 Minutes, I will try with the SSD, upon now I use SSHD Disk.

Next question, which functions are supplied with the mousepad?
On my mousepad works scrolling with two finger, are much more functions supplied?
I dont found any upon now...

Thank you all for a really very good and hard work. I am very wondered and happy
in regarding to the install and how the things work on the Laptop

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you for your reply!
The boot time is about 2-3 Minutes, I will try with the SSD, upon now I use SSHD Disk.

Next question, which functions are supplied with the mousepad?
On my mousepad works scrolling with two finger, are much more functions supplied?
I dont found any upon now...

Thank you all for a really very good and hard work. I am very wondered and happy
in regarding to the install and how the things work on the Laptop

Try to use good translations ^. I understand English is not your first language, but it is hard for us to answer you if we don't understand what you're trying to ask
What do you mean what is supplied with the mousepad? Isn't the touchpad supposed to just control mouse and scroll?
Not sure what you're wondering about in that last sentence

Hi Masterscarhead1,

Thank you for your understanding, I really try to write good language, sometimes its really difficult to write
understandable technical english :), Thank you for you understanding.

ok, in my last post my question was following. Track and Mousepad works very fine, and
the multi-touch function of the trackpad works very fine to scroll up and down. Which
functions are also supplied, maybe zoom?

Best regards and Thank you...

Track and Mousepad works very fine, and
the multi-touch function of the trackpad works very fine to scroll up and down. Which
functions are also supplied, maybe zoom?

From what I understand, you're wanting to know if the touchpad supports any other functions?
In pre-Sierra OS's, the touchpad pane in System Preferences gives you several functions, such as zoom I believe (I'm currently on Sierra so I can't verify)
What is supported is also dependent on what touchpad your laptop has. Y50 comes with either Synaptic (fully supported by Rehabman) or Elan (not supported)
While there is an Elan driver out there, the functions are maintained by that dev, so we have little idea what is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back