Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there @Sniki ,

first of all thank you very much for your awesome guide!
I have installed MacOS on a second SSD (M.2) next to my existing Win10 (2.5" SSD).

But i have an issue with my BIOS Settings.
When i set "UEFI/Legacy Boot" to [UEFI only] and "CSM Support" to [YES] MacOS will Boot just fine.
When i set "CSM Support" to [No] OC seems to work but during the Apple Logo Loading Screen a Graphics Glitch Appears (I attached a Picture, pls excuse the bad quality).
I already google searched but i only found posts where people say CSM -should- be off for this to work.
Also when CSM Support = [Yes] the usual low-resolution "Thinkpad" Boot Splash is shown, while with CSM Support = [No] the higher resolution "Lenovo" Boot Splash appears (which i would prefer, it looks much nicer imo).
Do you have CSM enabled on your devices (@ALL)?
Is there a way to make that work?

also, is there a way to configure the OC Boot Picker to not inject the MacBookPro SMBIOS when i boot into windows from OC?
I would love to use OC Boot picker instead of hitting F12 to switch the Boot drive, but when i Boot into Windows from OC now, Windows thinks it runs on a MacBook and so Lenovo Vantage does not work anymore (i usually use the Task Bar symbol and the Battery Charge Threshold function).

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_144548.jpg
    IMG_20200825_144548.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 71
Do you have CSM enabled on your devices (@ALL)?
Hi @kev6661
I use the T440, and when I still use the original display (1366x768HD), use of CSM=No (which then shows a much nicer high-res Lenovo logo, I agree with you) works well. However, I then changed the display to the 1080p version, which result in similar graphic glitch as shown in your pictures. The only way to solve the glitch is to change into CSM=Yes, which I use until today and works well.

Hello all,

My Catalina with OC 0.5.9 in my T440 runs OK, but at random timing when I boot up, the screen shows the following text:
"System Variable Storage is corrupted, using Default Values
Press Esc to continue, or F1 to enter Setup."

Any of you had experience on such case?

Thanks.
Hi @Sniki
After few days of new install Catalina 10.15.6 on my T440, just now I ran into the same message when boot up.
I already put "run-efi-updater=No" in the NVRAM section just as you set forth for the T440s, yet the message still happen on me.
As it is with the USB power, might worth a check if you have some time for this.
Thanks.

Hi @kev6661
I use the T440, and when I still use the original display (1366x768HD), use of CSM=No (which then shows a much nicer high-res Lenovo logo, I agree with you) works well. However, I then changed the display to the 1080p version, which result in similar graphic glitch as shown in your pictures. The only way to solve the glitch is to change into CSM=Yes, which I use until today and works well.

Hi @soeryobadja, thanks for your reply. That makes sense, i meanwhile noticed that my second screen that is connected via DVI to my Docking Station works, even when the graphics glitch occurs on the Laptop screen at the same time.

I really hope to find a solution for this at some Point. I will continue looking for a solution.
Does anyone else encounter the same issue @ALL?

I really hope to find a solution for this at some Point. I will continue looking for a solution.
It will be aesthetically pleasing if there is a solution for this. At one point I remember it was noted out that,this is a firmware issue therefore I live with it. Please share with us should you find a solution.

Does anyone else encounter the same issue @ALL?
I have the same "issue": aftermarket LCD which requires CSM. I assume it probably needs more glue/init code between boot in CSM mode and driver loading to make the OSX driver happy. Since it's cosmetic only, it doesn't bother me :)

It will be aesthetically pleasing if there is a solution for this. At one point I remember it was noted out that,this is a firmware issue therefore I live with it. Please share with us should you find a solution.
Try to clear nvram if you can. You will see that message once again and then it is no longer appears

Try to clear nvram if you can. You will see that message once again and then it is no longer appears
Thanks for the tips.
Let me make sure the clear nvram, specifically on the warning in the beginning of this guide, that says clear nvram might brick the BIOS on some specific BIOS version that requires to re-flash the BIOS.

Thanks for the tips.
Let me make sure the clear nvram, specifically on the warning in the beginning of this guide, that says clear nvram might brick the BIOS on some specific BIOS version that requires to re-flash the BIOS.
Not brick with old bios. I think OC have made some special features with nvram, try to use Clover to clear nvram with usb bootloader.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back