Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at this point idk what to say, you may want to do an EC Reset, or something may have changed on 10.13.6
maybe @RehabMan can give you a better answer.

By the way.
Can you share here some quick explanation about the modification that you did in my config.plist and SSDT file? What did you think happened to my BT and CR, that makes the basis of your edit? So I can follow and learn through from it?
Thanks again.

Well at this point idk what to say, you may want to do an EC Reset, or something may have changed on 10.13.6
maybe @RehabMan can give you a better answer.

Hello @Sniki and @RehabMan
I have made some changes on my system and now is faced with different problem, i.e. BT works but WiFi not.
1. As you said, turns out my previous problem was due to problem in the card, as I purchased new card and at that time, BT and WiFi both works OOB, everything works fine and I can connect to WiFi and connect a BT mouse and BT speaker.
2. However, the system works strangely after I install the new card, i.e. the system won't shutdown but always reboot. It happens many times (I cannot remember how many times it got rebooted).
3. I did some changes on the BIOS (what I remember is changing Wake On LAN, Intel Smart Connect, Intel AMT) but nothing happens the system keeps on behaving like that.
4. After many reboots, the system can shutdown, but when I put the system back on, the WiFi is no longer detected (the MAC address of the WiFi card not showing).
5. Putting the system back to Windows (replacing to my old Windows HDD) and replacing BCM WiFi Card with stock Intel WiFi card, the WiFi works normally, thus I conclude the port and the BIOS setting is working correctly. At that time, I also checked the Broadcom card in the Windows environment, and under Device Manager the WiFi was not available but the BT was available.
6. Frustrated with the situation, I then buys another card from the same supplier. I change the card and (in one succession) load BIOS to setup defaults, making fresh install of macOS, put the installation process completely according to this guide, and the WiFi still not showing but the BT shows.
7. I have also put the BCM94352-fcvo-darkvoid patch to KextsToPatch, but still no change.
8. I attached the debug files. I am using a USB WiFi dongle, that shows on the IOReg.

Could you please check into this case and point what is wrong now? As previous card's WiFi has been working flawlessly until at one point disappearing from the system (unfortunately I did not make any debug report files at that time), having new card with WiFi not showing seems like a problem not by the WiFi card but something else.

Thanks a lot for having your time to look at my case here. so that I can be firm that the card is defective and ask for exchange.
Maybe I overlook other things, before confirming that I have a second defective card?

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_13726.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Hello @Sniki and @RehabMan
I have made some changes on my system and now is faced with different problem, i.e. BT works but WiFi not.
1. As you said, turns out my previous problem was due to problem in the card, as I purchased new card and at that time, BT and WiFi both works OOB, everything works fine and I can connect to WiFi and connect a BT mouse and BT speaker.
2. However, the system works strangely after I install the new card, i.e. the system won't shutdown but always reboot. It happens many times (I cannot remember how many times it got rebooted).
3. I did some changes on the BIOS (what I remember is changing Wake On LAN, Intel Smart Connect, Intel AMT) but nothing happens the system keeps on behaving like that.
4. After many reboots, the system can shutdown, but when I put the system back on, the WiFi is no longer detected (the MAC address of the WiFi card not showing).
5. Putting the system back to Windows (replacing to my old Windows HDD) and replacing BCM WiFi Card with stock Intel WiFi card, the WiFi works normally, thus I conclude the port and the BIOS setting is working correctly. At that time, I also checked the Broadcom card in the Windows environment, and under Device Manager the WiFi was not available but the BT was available.
6. Frustrated with the situation, I then buys another card from the same supplier. I change the card and (in one succession) load BIOS to setup defaults, making fresh install of macOS, put the installation process completely according to this guide, and the WiFi still not showing but the BT shows.
7. I have also put the BCM94352-fcvo-darkvoid patch to KextsToPatch, but still no change.
8. I attached the debug files. I am using a USB WiFi dongle, that shows on the IOReg.

Could you please check into this case and point what is wrong now? As previous card's WiFi has been working flawlessly until at one point disappearing from the system (unfortunately I did not make any debug report files at that time), having new card with WiFi not showing seems like a problem not by the WiFi card but something else.

Thanks a lot for having your time to look at my case here. so that I can be firm that the card is defective and ask for exchange.
Maybe I overlook other things, before confirming that I have a second defective card?

Thank you.

Your ioreg shows no WiFi on the PCIe bus.
Might be defective hardware.
Verify your hardware works in Windows first.

Attachments

• debug_21199.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 88
Your ioreg shows no WiFi on the PCIe bus.
Might be defective hardware.
Verify your hardware works in Windows first.

Thank you for replying @RehabMan

Today I tried to revert back to my first DW1560 card, the card which I successfully had the WiFi but not the BT. Turns out, now the WiFi is not detected.

Seems like it is not the card, but on the system, don't know for sure yet. Cannot find any logical explanation behind a PCI card affecting the hardware (BIOS, maybe?), yet it happens.

I think I will try to reflash the BIOS, just to make sure.

Will keep sharing and update

Thanks.

Sorry, attached now.

I've gone back to using your Clover version from the OP and tried the update ALC3232 kext from post 77 but still no joy.

Your ioreg proves you're not injecting a valid layout-id.
It shows 0 <00 00 00 00>.

Your SSDT-T440P.aml should inject it, but it is being ignored due to duplicate symbols defined within.
Something is wrong with your hotpatch.
You will notice your patchmatic output does not disassemble cleanly. Test it yourself, and you'll see: iasl -da -dl *.aml

Part of the problem is due to the fact your SSDT-T440P.aml tries to inject objects into Scope (EH02), but EH02 does not exist in your DSDT:
Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.EH02)
    {
        OperationRegion (RMP1, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x02)
        Field (RMP1, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            PSTE,   2
        }
    }

This causes anything that follows in the SSDT to be rejected.

And you probably have a duplicate symbol somewhere in there.

You will need to pair down the SSDT into smaller chunks, then combine sections one at a time, in order to determine the conflicting parts.

Note also all your hack kexts are being ignored as is clear in your kextcache output.
Example:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f969e832e50 [0x7fffad28daf0]> { URL = "ALC3232.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
ALC3232.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

@RehabMan

Thanks for replying.

Most of that is way over my head. I just followed the guide in the OP and it was all working perfectly well from 10.13 up to 10.13.5. Only after upgrading to 10.13.6 did everything stop working.

The SSDT-T440P.aml is from the OP too. Should I try building my own instead?

@RehabMan

Thanks for replying.

Most of that is way over my head. I just followed the guide in the OP and it was all working perfectly well from 10.13 up to 10.13.5. Only after upgrading to 10.13.6 did everything stop working.

The SSDT-T440P.aml is from the OP too. Should I try building my own instead?

Read ACPI hotpatch guide to further understand what you're actually doing...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

You don't even have your profile filled out as requested in the FAQ, so no idea if you even have a laptop appropriate for this guide.
Please fix your profile as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

@IntuitionZ the OP has the files/is for Lenovo ThinkPad T440 and you have SSDT-T440P as master SSDT, so it's clear that you messed up with files from the ThinkPad T440P thread/OP.
You need the SSDT-T440.aml from this thread/op not the SSDT-T440P.aml

is the bios modification mandatory or can macos installed without the bios mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back