Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 at the weekend and a previously flawless T440P installation now has a few issues I can't seem to fix. It's been working perfectly since 10.13.2 and each point upgrade in-between.

The sound no longer works at all and no sound device is detected by MacOS.
In Chromium based browser the graphics are corrupted.

I'm running Clover 4586 with the latest Lilu, Shiki and the other kexts in the original guide.

If I go back back to my previous EFI folder that I used for 10.13.5 the graphics corruption goes away at least but the audio still doesn't work.

I have the kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and also in /Library/Extensions and ran 'kextcache -I /' before rebooting.

Can anyone help? I can't use Logic Pro X anymore. :/

I updated from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 at the weekend and a previously flawless T440P installation now has a few issues I can't seem to fix. It's been working perfectly since 10.13.2 and each point upgrade in-between.

The sound no longer works at all and no sound device is detected by MacOS.
In Chromium based browser the graphics are corrupted.

I'm running Clover 4586 with the latest Lilu, Shiki and the other kexts in the original guide.

If I go back back to my previous EFI folder that I used for 10.13.5 the graphics corruption goes away at least but the audio still doesn't work.

I have the kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and also in /Library/Extensions and ran 'kextcache -I /' before rebooting.

Can anyone help? I can't use Logic Pro X anymore. :/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello @Sniki

Apologize for not reporting in complete manner.

I have attached the debug file for review.

The progress I have made:
1. I can now boot (problem is on apfs.hfi and config.plist on EFI)
2. My trackpad can work, for all gestures.
3. Audio works.
4. Battery Icon now present.
5. WiFi works. But BT does not. It does not comes out in Bluetooth section of System Report.
6. Also, Card Reader does not. I understand that Card Reader sometimes cannot work (reading from the forum), but if I can make it on my machine, why not.

Can you help on the BT and card reader?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Just realized that my previous post was incomplete and not including the Clover part.
I re-attached the complete debug files.
Please help in looking at the files and pointing what needs to be done for the BT and card reader.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• debug_21212.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
Just realized that my previous post was incomplete and not including the Clover part.
I re-attached the complete debug files.
Please help in looking at the files and pointing what needs to be done for the BT and card reader.

Thanks in advance.

Reading into various post about DW1560 BT module, here is what I found out compare with my current situation:
1. The BT module is not showing under USB Sysreport. My question, in any situation, is it first and foremost has to be showing in USB regardless of whether we install the kext? I have not tried to put this card in my other hack (a desktop) to cross check this.
2. I see that BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo has already installed but not loaded. I have tried to manually load the kext (sudo kextload then restart), before this I did twice install the kext and kextcache, but no result.
3. Seen in other post, that the BT module is recognized in the USB as BCM920702A3. I look at the Extensions on Sysreport and see that this kext is there, but not loaded. Might this be the problem?

In real need for your advise and guidance @RehabMan and @Sniki as this has been a great hack build overall, only for this BT and card reader not available. I made no further modification into the hack, as I am afraid my noob skill in this will wreck the hack rather than fix it.

Thank you in advance for taking a look on my case here.

Reading into various post about DW1560 BT module, here is what I found out compare with my current situation:
1. The BT module is not showing under USB Sysreport. My question, in any situation, is it first and foremost has to be showing in USB regardless of whether we install the kext? I have not tried to put this card in my other hack (a desktop) to cross check this.
2. I see that BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo has already installed but not loaded. I have tried to manually load the kext (sudo kextload then restart), before this I did twice install the kext and kextcache, but no result.
3. Seen in other post, that the BT module is recognized in the USB as BCM920702A3. I look at the Extensions on Sysreport and see that this kext is there, but not loaded. Might this be the problem?

In real need for your advise and guidance @RehabMan and @Sniki as this has been a great hack build overall, only for this BT and card reader not available. I made no further modification into the hack, as I am afraid my noob skill in this will wreck the hack rather than fix it.

Thank you in advance for taking a look on my case here.
Will check files tonight.

Thank you.
Another issue I notified since yesterday is on the battery meter. Initially (last Sunday after first install, to be precise) the battery percentage was updated accordingly, showing the battery amount according to actual battery level. Now, seems like the percentage level (and battery graph) is not moving and will change when I untick and tick again the "Show Battery Percentage" but afterwards no more movement until I untick and tick again.

If any similar case, happy to get some pointer on how to fix this. It is not too critical, but just so I dont need to repeatedly check on the Battery Level menu.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you.
Another issue I notified since yesterday is on the battery meter. Initially (last Sunday after first install, to be precise) the battery percentage was updated accordingly, showing the battery amount according to actual battery level. Now, seems like the percentage level (and battery graph) is not moving and will change when I untick and tick again the "Show Battery Percentage" but afterwards no more movement until I untick and tick again.

If any similar case, happy to get some pointer on how to fix this. It is not too critical, but just so I dont need to repeatedly check on the Battery Level menu.

Thanks in advance.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello @Sniki

Earlier today made some action based on other post on how to enable Bluetooth DW1560, but then it made more features of my hack not working. So, I decided to made a fresh install using 10.13.6 and with post install step by step according to your guide.

Issues as follow:
1. BT still not present under USB.
2. Card reader also not present.
3. Under Sysreport -> USB, only USB3.0 -> Integrated Camera. No other devices here.
4. Battery meter is now OK, showing decreasing percentage as the battery drains.
5. I can put my laptop to sleep, but seems like the power button and the red Thinkpad lamp is not blinking when in sleep.

Experiencing first hand how my noob skill and limited understanding can result in further destruction on my hack, then I prefer to consult you first before making any change into the system.

While waiting, I will now go through the iMessage fix first.

Attachments

• debug_28343.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
Hello @Sniki

Earlier today made some action based on other post on how to enable Bluetooth DW1560, but then it made more features of my hack not working. So, I decided to made a fresh install using 10.13.6 and with post install step by step according to your guide.

Issues as follow:
1. BT still not present under USB.
2. Card reader also not present.
3. Under Sysreport -> USB, only USB3.0 -> Integrated Camera. No other devices here.
4. Battery meter is now OK, showing decreasing percentage as the battery drains.
5. I can put my laptop to sleep, but seems like the power button and the red Thinkpad lamp is not blinking when in sleep.

Experiencing first hand how my noob skill and limited understanding can result in further destruction on my hack, then I prefer to consult you first before making any change into the system.

While waiting, I will now go through the iMessage fix first.

Some new things came up, so i couldn't check the files yesterday, will try to look at them tonight...
We will need to capture usb ports 1 more time.
Will give you instructions on how to do so.

Some new things came up, so i couldn't check the files yesterday, will try to look at them tonight...
It's OK, I will wait for your availability. Thanks again for helping.

Will give you instructions on how to do so.
Looking forward to the guide.

I just found out as well the following:
1. On Syspref -> Network, there is PCI Serial (looks like a modem), where the laptop dont have any serial modem. Picture attached.
2. Using Clover Configurator, I cannot mount my EFI partition. Time and again pressing "Mount Partition" but no result. The EFI partition will show when I re-install Clover Bootloader. Have you ever experience this?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• PCI Serial Network.png
    PCI Serial Network.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back