Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

@chilledHamza seems your AirportBrcmNIC_Injector.kext was disabled in your EFI which causes wifi not to function properly (only the number thing kext should be disabled).
Ok, so i read the Big Sur note in AirportBrcmFixup description, and turns out i should enable AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext and only block AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. The reason why it works for me is my device/chipset being natively supported (out-of-box). Wi-Fi will work even if i don't inject AirportBrcmFixup at all. but i'll enable AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext and update config.plist on GitHub
Also it's not necessary to still have windows ons your system to run your TouchPad fix. I made a HBCDPE USB stick (Hiren's Boot CD) which will boot you in a small pocket version of windows 10.
I personally use Dual-Boot configuration, need Nvidia GPU on Windows. but for a normal user who is performing a clean installation from Windows, can easily run the script before formatting. I'll include Hiren's Boot CD as alternate option, should come handy.
thx mate everything works except wifi i tried both chips ax200 and 9560 intel
If everything is working fine, and only issue is Wi-Fi then i can update my EFI and include Intel Drivers for you, that should fix Wi-Fi issue. and you won't have to provide logs or problem reporting files.

Hackintosh_Legion_Y7000_2018
Try this EFI & TrackpadFix (along with other BIOS Settings mentioned), need some feedback.

Currently finalizing the ALCPlugFix script, and also trying to figure out why Headphone doesn't work at cold boot (if already plugged-in).
Hey Hamza , thanks for all the work in the thread ..

I am currently dual booting Mojave and windows using clover on my y540 and tbf it's working good , was thinking of switching to OC for mac, wud replacing clover efi with the above or an OC efi work ?

Hey Hamza , thanks for all the work in the thread ..

I am currently dual booting Mojave and windows using clover on my y540 and tbf it's working good , was thinking of switching to OC for mac, wud replacing clover efi with the above or an OC efi work ?
I don't have Y540, not sure if it's supposed to work or not, but you can try.

Ok, so i read the Big Sur note in AirportBrcmFixup description, and turns out i should enable AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext and only block AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. The reason why it works for me is my device/chipset being natively supported (out-of-box). Wi-Fi will work even if i don't inject AirportBrcmFixup at all. but i'll enable AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext and update config.plist on GitHub

I personally use Dual-Boot configuration, need Nvidia GPU on Windows. but for a normal user who is performing a clean installation from Windows, can easily run the script before formatting. I'll include Hiren's Boot CD as alternate option, should come handy.

If everything is working fine, and only issue is Wi-Fi then i can update my EFI and include Intel Drivers for you, that should fix Wi-Fi issue. and you won't have to provide logs or problem reporting files.
that would be wonderfull My friend , thank you so much for all your great work man ,god bless you

You don't have to do anything chilledHamza. Already did great work on your EFI. I just gave you some side notes to consider for the Readme.md or future updates.

Most importantly at the moment is that you all have a merry Christmas during these hard times :)

Hello Hamza how are you ? I was thinking if you updated your efinwithou intels wifi chips or not yet ? Thank you so much buddy

You don't have to do anything chilledHamza. Already did great work on your EFI. I just gave you some side notes to consider for the Readme.md or future updates.
I didn't do much, most of the work was already done by other community members. I just modified it according to my liking and nothing more. I'm not done yet, as this is my main machine for now. Hate the Audio codec though, Older HP Pavilion had a lot better sound and didn't need ALCPlugFix at all either.
Most importantly at the moment is that you all have a merry Christmas during these hard times :)
Christmas doesn't have that importance for me, as I'm not christian. But, merry Christmas to you and others.
Hello Hamza how are you ? I was thinking if you updated your efinwithou intels wifi chips or not yet ? Thank you so much buddy
I haven't forgot what I promised, so here it is.

Try this EFI and let me know if this fixes you Intel Wi-Fi issue, also check Bluetooth and make sure Turn Bluetooth On/Off button isn't grayed out.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.2 MB · Views: 82
salam aleikoum bro , thank you so much khouya , you rock !! i will test sunday night coz im travelling right now without my laptop lol , god bless you

god bless you the wifi works but not the bt .thank you so much

after a reboot the bt works but the only thing missing is trackpad .you re doing a great work bro , thank you so much

Back