Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

after a reboot the bt works but the only thing missing is trackpad .you re doing a great work bro , thank you so much
You need modify some hidden Trackpad settings to make it work (enable GPIO mode), steps are mentioned in my guide on GitHub But you need Windows (or a live USB with Windows environment as @Gvtertje suggested Hiren's Boot CD). After you Enable GPIO mode, trackpad will start working under macOS (assuming you have same Synaptics SYNA2B46 trackpad, not sure about ELAN or some other trackpad hardware)

Thank you bro but

Only thing that worked for me was Insyde H2OUVE utiliity (Windows), so do it before macOS Installation or you'll have to install Windows afterwards to get Trackpad working

but i will loose windows if run it . Right?

but i will loose windows if run it . Right?
Why would you loose windows?

do it before macOS Installation or you'll have to install Windows afterwards to get Trackpad working
Above statement is true for those who are installation macOS from scratch, you have to format your boot disk through Disk utility for installation. That is when you loose windows, but only if you have it on same disk that you want to use for macOS. There are ways to avoid partitioning with disk utility and keep Windows Installation, but it's complicated and Clean install by formatting is a lot easier.

Because i already installed macos and dont want to start from scratch , i have windows on nvme and macos on sata ssd , so if i run that will loose something?

Because i already installed macos and dont want to start from scratch , i have windows on nvme and macos on sata ssd , so if i run that will loose something?
You don't have to start again, just run the script from Windows, and Trackpad will start working under macOS too.

PS: You won't loose anything, it will just modify a hidden setting in BIOS (that you can't access the normally way)

done it the trackpad works but can click i can 9nly more the cursor , thank you so much , i have a question off topic after upgraading to bigsur i cant use altstore i downloaded the beta for bigsur but it wont run i disabled the csrutil and typed the command from the altstore instructions but nothing changed i cant run altstore.

done it the trackpad works but can click i can 9nly more the cursor , thank you so much , i have a question off topic after upgraading to bigsur i cant use altstore i downloaded the beta for bigsur but it wont run i disabled the csrutil and typed the command from the altstore instructions but nothing changed i cant run altstore.
you can setup the finger taps in settings to click, drag, etc.

i have Legion Y540 and i cant fix ELAN tachpad in Mojave 10.14.6
who can help me please?
OpenCore 0.6.3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 12.54.53.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 12.54.53.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 30
done it the trackpad works but can click i can 9nly more the cursor
Enable "Tap to Click" from Trackpad System Preferences, Dragging can be enabled from Accessibility PrefPane. Check VoodooI2C instruction manual for other gestures and details.

Buttons do work, but only if You place a finger on touchpad surface.
i disabled the csrutil and typed the command from the altstore instructions but nothing changed i cant run altstore
Try changing the value in Config.plist of OpenCore, Set csr-active-config value as per your requirement.

I personally don't have an iOS device, so never used AltSore.

Back