Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

You need modify some hidden Trackpad settings to make it work (enable GPIO mode), steps are mentioned in my guide on GitHub But you need Windows (or a live USB with Windows environment as @Gvtertje suggested Hiren's Boot CD). After you Enable GPIO mode, trackpad will start working under macOS (assuming you have same Synaptics SYNA2B46 trackpad, not sure about ELAN or some other trackpad hardware)

Thanks chilledHamza. I had a hard time to upgrade my Catalina on Lenovo Legion Y7000P (2018) to Big Sur. Struggled for 2 days until I follow your guide at post #300. Audio, graphics card, mouse, trackpad, NIC are all working. I do have an old USB wifi dongle with Realtek RTL 8191SU chipset. Do I need to do anything special to have it work? I saw another guide on wifi USB adapter,
Not sure if it is already included in your EFI configure.

I appreciate your help.

Audio, graphics card, mouse, trackpad, NIC are all working.
Audio isn't perfect yet, Headphone jack have issues (ALCPlugFix)
I do have an old USB wifi dongle with Realtek RTL 8191SU chipset.
I used external USB Wi-Fi adapter (TP-LINK TL-WN725N V2) with macOS Mojave and Catalina on my Haier Y11C, but now the Integrated Intel Chipset is supported with Itlwm.
Not sure if it is already included in your EFI configure.
It's not included, and according to updated Big Sur guide you also need to make a few changes to config.plist
You need Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter for macOS Big Sur, need to disable SIP & SecureBootModel

I'll prefer replacement of internal Adapter with compatible Broadcom or Intel Chipset, Intel is cheaper but doesn't support AirDrop and 802.11ac/ax also not supported yet.

Audio isn't perfect yet, Headphone jack have issues (ALCPlugFix)

I used external USB Wi-Fi adapter (TP-LINK TL-WN725N V2) with macOS Mojave and Catalina on my Haier Y11C, but now the Integrated Intel Chipset is supported with Itlwm.

It's not included, and according to updated Big Sur guide you also need to make a few changes to config.plist
You need Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter for macOS Big Sur, need to disable SIP & SecureBootModel

I'll prefer replacement of internal Adapter with compatible Broadcom or Intel Chipset, Intel is cheaper but doesn't support AirDrop and 802.11ac/ax also not supported yet.
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Will try the wifi dongle fix later.
I use Mac OS mainly for xcode app development, not my main machine. so do not want to replace internal adapter.

I did but how to disable that.
  1. Disable Apple Mobile File Integrity (AMFI)** checks by typing this command:
  2. nvram boot-args="amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1"
  3. I runnthe comland in recovery booting it from your efi but nothing changed , is it possible to do it with opencore configurator too? Thanks a lot bro

nvram boot-args="amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1
Try adding amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 to boot-args property in NVRAM section of config.plist, also set csr-active-config to 67000000 (disable SIP)

PS: Never use OpenCore Configurator for editing config.plist, use ProperTree or PlistEdit Pro instead.

how can i add that line to boot-args?

how can i add that line to boot-args?
boot-args property is already there in config.plist with some existing boot arguments, open config.plist in ProperTree and extent existing arguments with this new one.

yep i did that and it worked just to try it before even seing your reply , thx a lot guys especially Hamza you rock

Back