Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Anyone using this with Open Core? I have an Y530 and I'm struggling. If someone can help me or share a EFI folder with me
hi,
did you find any working Efi for open core? I tried more than 50 time fro now, I even created compiled the ACPI one by one. but till now a complete failure.
thank you.

hi,
did you find any working Efi for open core? I tried more than 50 time fro now, I even created compiled the ACPI one by one. but till now a complete failure.
thank you.

Here is my EFI folder. It is based on 3.0.2 EFI release by xiaoMGitHub
I updated it to latest 0.5.9 OpenCore Release, fixed some configs according to OpenCore Sanity Checker and updated some kexts.

You'll need to disable CFG Lock on advaced bios settings.

So far it is working rock solid. Just every now and then I get a crash when waking from sleep, I'm trying to find the reason but it is probably the early beta driver for Intel Wireless I'm using.

Attachments

• OpenCore 5.9a.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 173
I updated it to latest 0.5.9 OpenCore Release, fixed some configs according to OpenCore Sanity Checker and updated some kexts.

So far it is working rock solid. Just every now and then I get a crash when waking from sleep, I'm trying to find the reason but it is probably the early beta driver for Intel Wireless I'm using.

Thank you so much, it did work appreciate your help, really you saved me.

@evertjr I am waiting for your reply...:wave:

@evertjr I am waiting for your reply...:wave:

Hey!

Here is the latest compiled kext and the companion app. You can load this kext using the bootloader (I use with OpenCore). Or if you prefer to do it manually you'll need to execute the following commands:

sudo chmod -R 744 itlwm.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel itlwm.kext
sudo kextload itlwm.kext

Then open the HeliPort app to select and join the wifi network.

Note: Both are still in early development and not all features work and the wifi still does not reach full speed but its good enough for me.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 138
Hey!

Here is the latest compiled kext and the companion app. You can load this kext using the bootloader (I use with OpenCore). Or if you prefer to do it manually you'll need to execute the following commands:

sudo chmod -R 744 itlwm.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel itlwm.kext
sudo kextload itlwm.kext

Then open the HeliPort app to select and join the wifi network.

Note: Both are still in early development and not all features work and the wifi still does not reach full speed but its good enough for me.

@evertjr thanks for your help.
I tried many many times, but I could not compile the kext. How did you compile?

every thing is working fine, except for numbed it is not working at all, did able to have it work?

Thanks

Back