Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

This is a Good Option

Thanks Ordered it , came in time and install went fine it works perfectly in MacOs but in windows bluetooth doesnt work tried drivers from various sources and fenvi website. Any way to fix this in windows ? If you are dualbooting does bluetooth work well for you in windows ? If yes which drivers you used ?
Untitled.png

hi guy, i can't install dual boot hackintosh + ubuntu. help me please

@xiaoM4095 Thanks for the very well craafted installation steps and effort. Finally after a second SSD installation, I could Install and use Catalina in my Y540 (i5+1650). My M.2 was PM981a, not feasible for Hackintosh, so Only option was a 2.5 SATA SSD. Did everything as mentioned in First posts. Number pad and touch pad, even dragging is working.

I have a serious issue going on.

1. My wireless Lapair USB2.0 2.4GHz WiFi Adapter (RTL8188CU) outputs very low data speed on only mac OS, in windows works pretty good. I have installed https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter driver latest v14, no improvement.

I can't add or create apple id inside system preferences, I get a message saying Apple ID valid but not an iCloud account when I login, and I get too many responses in create request when I click create apple ID. I did create a second ID by safari and didn't go well.

Is there a permanent solution for these. I know its a compatible WiFi adapter, getting only 100 KBPS in downloading where in windows its over 5 MBPS(Not good but that's normal in INDIA). I wish there is a si=oltion for that. Without the network it's all going to be a waste of time and work for me. As for Apple ID I have been trying whatever I can do, but no single change. Always the same result. Even contacted apple advisor and stopped right when she asked for serial number and model :D:D.

Sorry I couldn't attach screenshots of apple Id issue, Because I'm posting this from windows, in mac OS its snail fast speed to even surf internet.

EDIT;
Since my serial number was valid, may that was the issue with apple ID services. I changed serial number, board number and UUID as well. and reboted. Now Apple ID works But not iCloud. I can use appstore at least. I get a message saying Apple ID valid but not an iCloud account when I login, and I get too many responses in create request when I click create apple ID still after changing to invalid machine. Any solution for iClouds services?

With that Network speed I've downloaded the supplimental update(6gb file with 100KBPS speed) and now touchpad got out of service. It stopped responding. So I ran the optimising scripts and it worked fine now.

Last edited:
@xiaoM4095 Thanks for the very well craafted installation steps and effort. Finally after a second SSD installation, I could Install and use Catalina in my Y540 (i5+1650). My M.2 was PM981a so Only option was a 2.5 SATA SSD. Did everything as mentioned in First posts. Number pad and touch pad, even dragging is working.
I have a serious issue going on.

1. My wireless Lapair USB2.0 2.4GHz WiFi Adapter (RTL8188CU) outputs very low data speed on only mac OS, in windows works pretty good. I have installed https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter driver latest v14, no improvement.

2. I can't add or create apple id inside system preferences, I get a message saying Apple ID valid but not an iCloud account when I login, and I get too many responses in create request when I click create apple ID. I did create a second ID by safari and didn't go well.

Is there a permanent solution for these. I know its a compatible WiFi adapter, getting only 100 KBPS in downloading where in windows its over 5 MBPS(Not good but that's normal in INDIA). I wish there is a si=oltion for that. Without the network it's all going to be a waste of time and work for me. As for Apple ID I have been trying whatever I can do, but no single change. Always the same result. Even contacted apple advisor and stopped right when she asked for serial number and model :D:D.

Sorry I couldn't attach screenshots of apple Id issue, Because I'm posting this from windows, in mac OS its snail fast speed to even surf internet.
Have you fixed the wireless slow adapter thing?
I'm having your issue. Crazy low data

Have you fixed the wireless slow adapter thing?
I'm having your issue. Crazy low data
No buddy, Its not a thing that I can do myself. It requires experienced minds to get it work or done. I hope will get a solution soon.

Did someone get the trackpad buttons working, I'm able to make them work with Karabiner, but it messes up the tracking

Did someone get the trackpad buttons working, I'm able to make them work with Karabiner, but it messes up the tracking
If you have tried the post installation script for optimising trackpad and num pad, then it will be working without an issue as decribed in 1st page posts.. Run those scripts and it will be working. Worked for me after the script. :thumbup:

If you have tried the post installation script for optimising trackpad and num pad, then it will be working without an issue as decribed in 1st page posts.. Run those scripts and it will be working. Worked for me after the script. :thumbup:
the physical buttons under the trackpad just wont work for me

the physical buttons under the trackpad just wont work for me
Many peops told that. But For me both buttons work as left click of a mouse. But only when I touch the touch pad and press the button, not only the buttons. Don't know about others.(I'm right handed) If I place my middle-finger on touch pad and click the buttons with index finger it works without leaving my mid finger from touch pad it works for me, No idea how or why. But works for me(even dragging), just make sure you touches the touch pad whenever you need to click the buttons. Try whether it works for you or not. Hope you understood my creepy example..

Has anyone been able to use an external monitor using some usb-c adapter or is it just impossible?

Back