Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

touchpad not working on 10.15.5... anyone know how to fix? my EFI 3.0.2

Hi i need help on my Lenovo Legion Y540, Im stuck at apple logo. Tried also verbose to see whats wrong but i cant seem to move forward with the issue. Hoping somebody can help me on this. Attaching my EFI. Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 73
Hi i need help on my Lenovo Legion Y540, Im stuck at apple logo. Tried also verbose to see whats wrong but i cant seem to move forward with the issue. Hoping somebody can help me on this. Attaching my EFI. Thank you.

Why don't you use OpenCore? Works so much better.

Why don't you use OpenCore? Works so much better.
I will explore openCore. Thanks, Do you have the needed files to be used for OpenCore for Legion y540?

Last edited:
I will explore openCore. Thanks, Do you have the needed files to be used for OpenCore for Legion y540?

@xiaoM4095 Thank you for the suggestion. I managed to do my first successful hackintosh using OpenCore. Im now looking for HDMI and USB fixes as they are not detected by my laptop.

Hey guys, i have successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4 on my y540 with efi from @xiaoM4095, i'm trying to make this thing work, i guess it'd good option to make available external monitor with this kinda cheap device.So after installing drivers ( i tried a lot different approaches from thread ), sadly still didn't get any video output, i decided to ask for help here because if i connect device via usb it doesn't appear as unknown usb device at System report ( i'm sure device works because i've tested on 2 windows laptops ), so i'm wondering is it issue on system, usb mode or smth, would appreciate any suggestions.

EDIT
Just after i wrote message above i accidentally touched usb inserted in laptop so it became injected on let's say 75% of it's length and device appeared between other usb in system report :lol:, so i just installed latest drivers for displaylink and it works :clap:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 23.56.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 23.56.51.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Using dnvme hotpatch, the nvme itself gets pretty hot in macos, but stays cool in windows

DNVME hotpatch is to block unsupported ssds from causing issues. You can disable this SSDT and update the NVMeFix.kext to the latest release. It fixed overheat issue.

success install Catalina using efi above but no sound, no audio device, even after run the script. any idea?

Back