Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
config.plist/ACPI/DisabledAML has SSDT-XCPM.aml listed,... as a result, it is not loading.
Removed from plist still booting to blank screen.

Attachments

• debug_13094.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
Removed from plist still booting to blank screen.

SSDT-XCPM.aml now working to fix your CPU PM.
X86PlatformPlugin now loaded (CPU PM not expected to fix your black screen issue, it was just something obvious that I noticed about your previous PR files).

Attach PR files in the "black screen" scenario (use external monitor or remote desktop).

SSDT-XCPM.aml now working to fix your CPU PM.
X86PlatformPlugin now loaded (CPU PM not expected to fix your black screen issue, it was just something obvious that I noticed about your previous PR files).

Attach PR files in the "black screen" scenario (use external monitor or remote desktop).
Booted and connected with vnc the acceleration is working and showing 1500mb vram, dump as requested

Attachments

• debug_3733.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Edited profile

added the backlight kext and followed the guide still no go
Once I add the SSDT-RMCF.aml pc hangs after connecting through vnc after 2-5 seconds.
Brightness slider does work tho ( can see the lcd getting brighter and dimmer when sliding in vnc viewer)
It also states the connection type for the panel is DisplayPort

Attachments

• debug_12245.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Edited profile

added the backlight kext and followed the guide still no go
Once I add the SSDT-RMCF.aml pc hangs after connecting through vnc after 2-5 seconds.
Brightness slider does work tho ( can see the lcd getting brighter and dimmer when sliding in vnc viewer)
It also states the connection type for the panel is DisplayPort

I guess you disabled Nvidia in BIOS? (not shown in bootlog.txt, although it is shown in misc/preboot.log, so I guess preboot.log is old due to you forgetting to press F2).

That is fine for now, but the guide in post #1 probably assumes it is left enabled...

You should try other ig-platform-id values...

You could also try Skylake spoof. Will require my WhateverGreen.kext special branch 'spoof_fix2'.

Hi!

I followed the guide and now I have OSX Mojave working as expected. The only thing that I couldn't manage to work is the Num Lock pad functionality. I tried to use the last version of Karabiner Elements, but it seems that the Num Lock functionality is not working anymore.

As the guide mention, the keyboard in my Y720 is detected as USB keyboard ("ITE Device(8910)" in SysPref/Keyboard) and all keys works as expected, included the audio and backlight functions. My TrackPad is detected as PS2, so I am using the voodooPS2 kext, it works well but also creates and additional keyboard in SysPref/Keyboard named "Keyboard", I don't know if that is OK.

Finally, I have to mention that I tried to use the voodooI2C kext but It doesn't work, keyboard still works at same way (without Num Lock functionality) and TrackPad doesn't work anymore.

Do you have any ideas to make it work or Num Lock doesn't work even for the Y520 version neither?

Thanks in advance.

I guess you disabled Nvidia in BIOS? (not shown in bootlog.txt, although it is shown in misc/preboot.log, so I guess preboot.log is old due to you forgetting to press F2).

That is fine for now, but the guide in post #1 probably assumes it is left enabled...

You should try other ig-platform-id values...

You could also try Skylake spoof. Will require my WhateverGreen.kext special branch 'spoof_fix2'.
Tried numerous ig-platform-id's all resulting in unable to load framebuffer etc...
For the skylake spoof i need to use your plist for the intel HD series ending with spoof correct?
And compile the spoof_fix2 branch whatevergreen and install this one to efi/clover/kexts/other and to L/E/ instead of the normal one? Do i need to change something else aswell?

Tried numerous ig-platform-id's all resulting in unable to load framebuffer etc...

Only use the valid ones.

For the skylake spoof i need to use your plist for the intel HD series ending with spoof correct?

Yes, it is simply an additional device-id inject in Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).

And compile the spoof_fix2 branch whatevergreen and install this one to efi/clover/kexts/other and to L/E/ instead of the normal one?

correct.

Only use the valid ones.

Yes, it is simply an additional device-id inject in Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).

correct.

What are the valid ig-platform-id's? I tried looking for them on the forums but i don't know what u mean by valid?

And with what do I compile that kext?( Sorry for the noob question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back