Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only use the valid ones.

Yes, it is simply an additional device-id inject in Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).

correct.

Nevermind,

Compiled your whatevergreen(with fix_2) and in combo with the spoof .plist I got it to work.
Got full acceleration now booting without a problem.
I rebuilded the kextcache for the audio (rebooted to clover booted without caches etc)
Rebooted a couple of times but still no go for the audio part.
RehabMan, thanks for helping me out!

Attachments

• debug_12596.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Nevermind,

Compiled your whatevergreen(with fix_2) and in combo with the spoof .plist I got it to work.
Got full acceleration now booting without a problem.
I rebuilded the kextcache for the audio (rebooted to clover booted without caches etc)
Rebooted a couple of times but still no go for the audio part.
RehabMan, thanks for helping me out!

LiluHelper problems:
LiluHelper.kext - dependency for com.apple.security.LiluHelper lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
LiluHelper.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

(I use LiluFriend ... I have some scripts that create it automatically in my hack-tools project on github)

Your kextcache shows AppleALC is not installed.
Refer to the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Confirmed. Building and using WhateverGreen with spoof_fix2 and spoofing device-id worked for me as well. Thanks guys.

It still puzzles me why it works without spoofing for the-braveknight and for me it doesn't, even though we are using the same model and BIOS version.

LiluHelper problems:
LiluHelper.kext - dependency for com.apple.security.LiluHelper lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
LiluHelper.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

(I use LiluFriend ... I have some scripts that create it automatically in my hack-tools project on github)

Your kextcache shows AppleALC is not installed.
Refer to the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

should I remove LiluHelper.kext? from /L/E/ and replace it with LiluFriend?

Last edited:
I installed applealc rebuild the cache with booting -f first.
Still no audio, also included lilufriend without removing liluhelper.
Should I first remove liluhelper before building lilufriend and then add this one to /S/L/?

Attachments

• debug_5643.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
What you need

- Lenovo Legion Y520 (or Y720).
- Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, or El Capitan downloaded from the Mac App Store.
- 8GB USB stick.
- Broadcom BCM94352Z for native WiFi.

For the WiFi card may I ask which one u use?

should I remove LiluHelper.kext?

Yes.

But note problem with LiluFriend.kext...
Perhaps you should attach your LiluFriend.kext so we can see what is wrong with it (maybe some issue with Lilu or your Lilu plugins).

I installed applealc rebuild the cache with booting -f first.
Still no audio, also included lilufriend without removing liluhelper.
Should I first remove liluhelper before building lilufriend and then add this one to /S/L/?

Make sure you didn't delete or damage AppleHDA.kext.
Run the macOS installer if you're not certain it is untouched.

For the WiFi card may I ask which one u use?

It is in the text you quoted.

LiluHelper problems:
Mind pointing me to the fix? Should I add 'OSBundleCompatibleVersion' entry in LiluHelper.kext/Contents/Info.plist? What would its value be?

I tried to add device-id to plist and use whatevergreen spoof_fix2, the display is not black, but the problem is that hd630 memory is only 7MB.:(

Attachments

• debug_12314.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
I tried to add device-id to plist and use whatevergreen spoof_fix2, the display is not black, but the problem is that hd630 memory is only 7MB.:(

Your ioreg shows AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x591b0000.
It is being injected via ACPI, SSDT-Y520.aml, which overrides anything you have in config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back