Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Abdulilah Is this updated for Mojave? I used this in High Sierra and worked smoothly, but I was wondering if the upgrade would be straightforward?

Your config.plist is missing basic required renames (such as GFX0->IGPU).
No expectation that the PNLF code in scope IGPU (in SSDT-Y520.aml) can work without it.

Your config.plist is missing basic required renames (such as GFX0->IGPU).
No expectation that the PNLF code in scope IGPU (in SSDT-Y520.aml) can work without it.
it's config_install.plist, can't boot with config_y520.plist, black screen.

can't boot with config_y520.plist, black screen.

You will need to attach PR files that represent the problem scenario.
Use an external monitor or remote desktop to collect the required files.

You will need to attach PR files that represent the problem scenario.
Use an external monitor or remote desktop to collect the required files.

Attachments

• debug_27553.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 90

Were these files collected with a remote desktop?
I ask because I see only display detected is the internal display (and EDID detected also).

Your profile is missing details. Please put your screen resolution in Graphics as requested in the FAQ (I can see from your EDID that it is 1920x1080).

And you might want to avoid patching the portcount to 1 (I'm looking at framebuffer-portcount property you're injecting).

You have legacy boot/CSM enabled in BIOS?

Did you try closing the lid and opening it?
Did you try other ig-platform-id values?

And you might want to avoid patching the portcount to 1 (I'm looking at framebuffer-portcount property you're injecting).

My repo actually patches port count to 1 to eliminate all external ports because the HMDI & DP ports on this machine are connected to Nvidia (which is disabled). I haven’t had issues with that patch so far. Do you think it has bad effects?

Were these files collected with a remote desktop?
I ask because I see only display detected is the internal display (and EDID detected also).

Your profile is missing details. Please put your screen resolution in Graphics as requested in the FAQ (I can see from your EDID that it is 1920x1080).

You have legacy boot/CSM enabled in BIOS?

Did you try closing the lid and opening it?
Did you try other ig-platform-id values?
Yes,teamviewer,change lid and legacy boot no help.

Yes,teamviewer,change lid and legacy boot no help.
Did you try removing port-count property from config.plist/Devices/Properties... like RehabMan suggested in post #247.

Note: I can see Intel i5 in your profile. The VoodooTSCSync.kext in the repo accounts for 8 logical cores. You might want to try this kext instead, it accounts for 4 logical cores.

Note: New Mojave guide is at Mojave Laptop Guides forum. This guide is only for High Sierra, Sierra discussions...

Attachments

• VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back