Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the _install case, graphics drivers are not even loading due to invalid FakeID in use (0x12345678).
So it is not comparable at all to the y520 scenario where graphics drivers (QE/CI) is active.

Did you try to close the lid, open lid?
Did you remember to enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS?

In the _install case, graphics drivers are not even loading due to invalid FakeID in use (0x12345678).
So it is not comparable at all to the y520 scenario where graphics drivers (QE/CI) is active.

Did you try to close the lid, open lid?
Did you remember to enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS?
Sleep and wake up, the screen is still only backlight, the legacy boot is enabled.

I can confirm that I have fully working Mohave (10.14) after fresh install with setup which can be seen from the report files attached. Graphics, Audio, USB ports, wifi, ethernet, sleep/wake are fully working. The only issue I have for now is with disabling touchpad when mouse is plugged in. Option is available in System Settings/Accessibility/Mouse & Trackpad but it doesn't work.

Attachments

• debug_15976.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
I can confirm that I have fully working Mohave (10.14) after fresh install with setup which can be seen from the report files attached. Graphics, Audio, USB ports, wifi, ethernet, sleep/wake are fully working. The only issue I have for now is with disabling touchpad when mouse is plugged in. Option is available in System Settings/Accessibility/Mouse & Trackpad but it doesn't work.

Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not current.
You have 1.8.34. Current version is 1.9.1.

(versions prior to 1.9 require VoodooPS2Daemon, where 1.9 and later have it internal to the kext)

It works with the latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I can see that you still have some "deprecated" kexts, which means you haven’t run the latest repo scripts.

Edit: See the new Mojave guide.

Last edited:
@RehabMan , @the-braveknight , thanks guys! You're the best! I installed latest VoodooPS2Controller and my issue was resolved. I'll see the new Mohave guide to find out what kexts is deprecated. It was strange how my wifi & bluetooth started working even without Broadcom kexts. Cheers!

Hi all, I'm interesting, it is possible to extract fully preinstalled image disk for my Y520?
In internet I can find the image for this operation?
I want install High sierra in external ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back