Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did follow the guide and fixed the brightness sleep and sound so they work along with the trackpad and keyboard, but I don't have any battery indicator. Can I install voodoo battery or is there a dsdt that will fix this?

I did follow the guide and fixed the brightness sleep and sound so they work along with the trackpad and keyboard, but I don't have any battery indicator. Can I install voodoo battery or is there a dsdt that will fix this?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Battery status works if you follow the guide as written. So does "brightness", "sleep" and "audio".

If those didn't work for you after finishing the guide, you didn't do it correctly.

Rehabman, this live patch is great!

everything working great so far.

Rehabman, this live patch is great!

everything working great so far.

Thanks for testing and the feedback. I assume from your profile that you don't have dual-GPU (Nvidia).

Hoping someone will come along with different hardware...

Hello again, Rehabman,

I hadn't reported my problem in the correct way either (one or two pages back) but before I busied you again I wanted to make sure that I couldn't resolve it on my own. Well, here's the problem:

I have updated to 10.11 with a USB key and ran into following troubles: No Bluetooth device seen. No USB 2.0 devices able to connect (they are just not seen). USB 3 to gigabit adapter working, though. No sleep (crash on wakeup).

### my guess: ###
I'm quite sure these problems are connected and have to do with a problem in a USB driver.
Here's an error I run into, when I run "./install_downloads.sh" from a freshly pulled u430.git folder (newest versions downloaded).
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI]: The vtable for AppleXHCIDiagnostics was not patched because its parent, the vtable for AppleUSBDiagnostics, was not found.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI; omitting from prelinked kernel.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]:     AppleUSBDiagnostics::createDiagnostics(AppleUSBDiagnostics::UIMDiagnostics*, unsigned int*, IOService*)
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Installing tools...
Btw: I spared you the rest of the working downloads and installations. You can see, there is something wrong with the USBDiagnostics.

#### What I already did ###

I already followed your "audio not working" from #1 (repair permissions, rebuild caches etc.)
I also reinstalled clover completely (now it's 3280) - using your latest config.plist (added smbios and changed to dual-boot)

Then I reinstalled OS X completely booting the installer from the key, formatting the HD and rebuilding everything from scratch.

:!::!::!: THEN IT ALL WORKED!!! Bluetooth and USB - all working like they should.

But what troubles me now: After I restored my big Time Machine Backup during the night I'm having the same problems again.

Here's my IOreg, CLOVER folder and everything else you required for "problem reporting".

I hope (and I'm quite sure) you'll find my mistake. Thank you very very much. I am really grateful for your help.

Attachments

• RehabMan_of_5i1v3rStorm.zip
    12 MB · Views: 97
  • syslog_one_reboot.log
    108.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 5i1v3rstorms-dmesg.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Btw: I spared you the rest of the working downloads and installations. You can see, there is something wrong with the USBDiagnostics.

More than that. Lots of problems shown here:
- my guide does not use AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext (you did not follow the guide as written)
- your system has corrupt USB kexts (AppleUSBEHCI)

Then I reinstalled OS X completely booting the installer from the key, formatting the HD and rebuilding everything from scratch.

:!::!::!: THEN IT ALL WORKED!!! Bluetooth and USB - all working like they should.

Amazing what happens when you follow the guide as written...

But what troubles me now: After I restored my big Time Machine Backup during the night I'm having the same problems again.

Simple fix: Don't use TM to restore your corrupt install.

More than that. Lots of problems shown here:
- my guide does not use AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext (you did not follow the guide as written)
- your system has corrupt USB kexts (AppleUSBEHCI)

Amazing what happens when you follow the guide as written...

Simple fix: Don't use TM to restore your corrupt install.

I have no idea where that AHCI kext comes from :rolleyes: Sorry.

I knew this would happen. :clap:

I'll try to think of a different way then, to get at least my Downloads and Documents out of TM

Last edited:
I have no idea where that AHCI kext comes from :rolleyes: Sorry.

I knew this would happen. :clap:

I'll try to think of a different way then, to get at least my Downloads and Documents out of TM

Restore your data files, not other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back