Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
at last, my new BCM94352HMB/AzureWave AW-CB123H wifi card has come from china.

Did you get the ones that says not for Lenovo? That's only thing I see on ebay... I wonder if those are not on whitelist...

Thanks for testing and the feedback. I assume from your profile that you don't have dual-GPU (Nvidia).

Hoping someone will come along with different hardware...

nope double checked and I don't have dual GPU.
my issue with sound device not showing up were fixed with this one. soon as I update and restarted, showed up and all working without issue.

Did you get the ones that says not for Lenovo? That's only thing I see on ebay... I wonder if those are not on whitelist...

if wifi is working, then injection for bluetooth is missing? try to rebuild as per Rehabman's instruction it should work.

this one.
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext are available here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Last edited:
if wifi is working, then injection for bluetooth is missing? try to rebuild as per Rehabman's instruction it should work.

this one.
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext are available here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

I've been using AR9280, but I just started dual booting with 10.11. I was looking for BCM94352HMB online, and everything I saw says not for Lenovo. I'm wondering if I can purchase that and hope to pass the whitelist... If not, will I need to rebrand it like AR9280??

I've been using AR9280, but I just started dual booting with 10.11. I was looking for BCM94352HMB online, and everything I saw says not for Lenovo. I'm wondering if I can purchase that and hope to pass the whitelist... If not, will I need to rebrand it like AR9280??

Check the model number. I bought it on ebay. since your wifi is working, that means card is passed through whitelist. do you see exact part number?

This is the one I bought on ebay. just title no more link
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac 867Mbps WLAN +BT 4.0 Half Mini PCIE Card

on the other note, I was just looking at Lenovo thinkcentre desktop which seems tobe exactly same spec as U430 to me.. maybe this USB install probably works... thinking about buying and test...
but with price, probably I can just buy Mac mini lol.

I'm using an Azurewave WiFi. It passes the whitelist provided you have latest BIOS.

nope double checked and I don't have dual GPU.
my issue with sound device not showing up were fixed with this one. soon as I update and restarted, showed up and all working without issue.

No real changes in audio with the livepatch branch, but there was the recent change from layout-id=86 to layout-id=3. You probably didn't re-patch ACPI when that change happened... So the new livepatch files fix it for you...

on the other note, I was just looking at Lenovo thinkcentre desktop which seems tobe exactly same spec as U430 to me.. maybe this USB install probably works... thinking about buying and test...
but with price, probably I can just buy Mac mini lol.

Would probably require different ACPI patches, different ig-platform-id, etc.

Also, it is unlikely (although possible) that it uses the same ALC283 audio chip.

The partitions for Linux should be created within the Linux installer. You will need to reserve free space adequate for the Linux partitions.

I installed Linux "ubuntu 14.04 64 bit" on new partition .... but Clover does not see it.

How can I do
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back