Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 320-14IKB, Clover and OpenCore UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @thiagoml, I have some good news, it turns out that even my laptop has the brightness problem but only on older OSs like Mojave and High Sierra, on Catalina, it's patched automatically, now I can try to solve it much easier because it's already on my laptop, but I'm currently working on getting my EFI working with macOS Big Sur (10.16) and for the lid sleep problem I can't really diagnose your problem like this, if you're using Clover please change the values of CPU ClockSpeed, AppleALC is working fine and the HDMI too, hope these problems getting fixed soon.
Hi @Phase1, please use the latest IOREG 2.1 because is it appears that your copy is corrupted.
Hi @bertaz, my EFI can work just fine with a few modifications to fit your hardware, AFAIK, 8th gen has a Nvme and SATA, so you may need to use NvmeFixup.kext, if you don't have an ethernet port you have to use an SSDT to add a fake one to get iMessage and FaceTime working, otherwise, you can't get them working, if you're using Clover you should change the CPU Clock Speed values, and spoof your CPU as 7th gen (not 6th like my EFI) to get proper graphics.
Regards
Thank you for super fast replay
Already have wifi Card BCM94360NG and let you know tomorrow about some issues ( definitely will be some)
Thank you again

Done but i have some issues ( of course )
Was no audio but sorted now
Touchpad not working
Used opencore
Can you explain what i have to do in OC to setup cpu?
This is my first time ( never use hackintosh, mac)
I think little lagging.
Big thank you for EFI

No good :( today have download new efi but i didn't see is for clover and os sierra and after restart do not work any more
traying put again your efi but the are issues and lost w 10

:-[

Attachments

• IMG_20200624_164200.jpg
    IMG_20200624_164200.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Hi mate
Sorry bad cpu is not coffee lake only Kaby Lake R
on ssd was mac and nvme w 10

Hi mate
Good news now I can use your EFI Clover but the are som issues :
Loading time is 6min ( apple logo)
when device and Graphics are tick showing 3072mb
when device and graphics are untick take couples second but showing only 7mb
touchpad still not working ( not important but will be nice to see working ;-))
Below IOREG 2.1
Can you please have a look and let me know what's is wrong

Thank you and have a nice day !!
Sorry for my English ( I tried best I can )
Catalina 10.15.5

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    9.9 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Hi mate
Good news now I can use your EFI Clover but the are som issues :
Loading time is 6min ( apple logo)
when device and Graphics are tick showing 3072mb
when device and graphics are untick take couples second but showing only 7mb
touchpad still not working ( not important but will be nice to see working ;-))
Below IOREG 2.1
Can you please have a look and let me know what's is wrong

Thank you and have a nice day !!
Sorry for my English ( I tried best I can )
Catalina 10.15.5
Hi, since its a Kaby Lake so not much editing is required, please put a proper SMBIOS using my guide to avoid long-booting, use a MacBook SMBIOS since you're using a laptop not a Desktop, and please if you installed a macOS distro reinstall it again using Vanilla guide link in my guide.

Hi
What satellite are you using to get your Synaptics trackpad working? VoodooI2CSynaptics or VoodooI2CHID, also, can you provide me with a copy of IOREG to see what ACPI-device you're using, for example, ELAN trackpad uses I2C0 and TPD0, some other model requires I2C1 instead of TPD0.
I'm interested to fix your trackpad so I can add the patch to my guide.

Hi! I used your EFI for Lenovo IdeaPad 720-15ikb everything works, it's cool! But there is one problem, touchpad does not work, I apply my DSDT can you help me?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    159.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Hi
as I mentioned in post #9 you need to attach make an SSDT for your trackpad using GenI2C and a copy of IOREG.
Cheers

Yes, of course. ssdt from geni2c and ioreg

Attachments

• I2C-PATCH.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 110
  • ioreg ideapad.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 63
  • i2c.png
    i2c.png
    103 KB · Views: 88
Yes, of course. ssdt from geni2c and ioreg
Hi
It appears that you don't have a proper SMBIOS, please generate one as in my guide, if you want to change the name of your laptop change it like in my guide to avoid issues.
Can you please test SSDT-TPD0 that you generate it and test this SSDT-I2C to confirm if any one of them is working or not?
Cheers

Attachments

• SSDT-I2C.dsl
    1.3 KB · Views: 69
Hi!
the I2C you attached doesn't compile. smbios has now fixed

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Status