Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 320-14IKB, Clover and OpenCore UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @abdulrahim, I've tried your patches but still no success... I'm hoping tonight I can take some time to do as I said before, extract acpi tables from my laptop and figure out what's going on. I will probably ask for your help to analyze the files. Would you help me out?
Thank you!
Hi, yes of course, but I suggest first to try other people patches because your problem isn't new in the Hackintosh world, you can go to my Github page/Stars, you'll see a bunch of Hackintosh repositories, try every single one of them till you match a working one, it would be easier.
and I think Xiaomi Pro laptops also had this issue, you can check it here:
Regards

Hi, I want to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra on Lenovo Ideapad 320-14ikb, do I need to install some kexts (Wi-Fi, graphics, touchpad and battery usege)?

Hi, I want to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra on Lenovo Ideapad 320-14ikb, do I need to install some kexts (Wi-Fi, graphics, touchpad and battery usege)?
Hi, everything is included inside my EFIs, no need for battery patch because it's patched automatically by macOS.

Hi @abdulrahim, I've been following your brilliant guide and have hit a stumbling block and wonder if you can help? My touchpad is SYNA2B2C and nothing I have tried works yet what is going to be the best way to fix it? I can provide my dsl which includes the info needed to build a new aml for the config. Do you happen to know if the 2b2c should work or am I wasting my time. Thanks for your help.

Hello! how to remap the PrtSc ?

Hi @Phase1, in most Lenovo IdeaPad 320, the trackpad connectors are TPD0, I2C0, and GPI0 for both ELAN0608 and SYNA2B33 in GPIO mode that can work fine with my patch, but for your model, I'm not sure which connecter you have and which VoodooI2C kext you need, please provide me with a copy of IOReg that can be found here https://github.com/vulgo/IORegistryExplorer/releases, I'm interested to fix your trackpad so I can add it to my guide.
Hi @grodix, please read the guide carefully before opening an issue, using SSDT-PrtSc-F13 or SSDT-PS2-Map you can remap it as F13 but don't use both SSDT-PrtSc-F13 and SSDT-Swap-Cmd-Alt to avoid kernel panic.
Regards

Hello @abdulrahim how are you, my friend? I am really thankfull for your hardwork on putting this guide together and very pleased to have an almost fully working hackintosh. I have a few issues, like the brightness hotkeys(I've tried all the ssdt's I found in the githubs you pointed me at and none solved the issue. I'm reading How to debug in opencore) but that doesn't bug me at all. What really bugs me are 2 issues I would like your help to address:
1 - lid sleep/wake: I get a black screen if I close the lid or if I let it idle on battery and try to wake it up(I believe it's related to AppleALC.kext and HDMI audio based on what I've read online);
2 - My CPU seems to be running at full speed all the time and it drains the battery (I disabled the dGPU already and still have battery drain). It's a i7 7500u. Can you help me fix that?

Thank you again!

Hi @adbulrahim, thank you for your support. I've attached the IOReg file as requested. I am definitely running a SYNAPICS (SYNA2B2C) confirmed by checking in Linux.

Attachments

• P1IOReg.ioreg
    13.2 MB · Views: 76
Hello
Grate hard job mate !
Can you recommended your EFI open core to my laptop spec below :
lenovo ideapad 320s 14ikb
i7 8550u quad core
uhd 620
8gb ram

Hi @thiagoml, I have some good news, it turns out that even my laptop has the brightness problem but only on older OSs like Mojave and High Sierra, on Catalina, it's patched automatically, now I can try to solve it much easier because it's already on my laptop, but I'm currently working on getting my EFI working with macOS Big Sur (10.16) and for the lid sleep problem I can't really diagnose your problem like this, if you're using Clover please change the values of CPU ClockSpeed, AppleALC is working fine and the HDMI too, hope these problems getting fixed soon.
Hi @Phase1, please use the latest IOREG 2.1 because is it appears that your copy is corrupted.
Hi @bertaz, my EFI can work just fine with a few modifications to fit your hardware, AFAIK, 8th gen has a Nvme and SATA, so you may need to use NvmeFixup.kext, if you don't have an ethernet port you have to use an SSDT to add a fake one to get iMessage and FaceTime working, otherwise, you can't get them working, if you're using Clover you should change the CPU Clock Speed values, and spoof your CPU as 7th gen (not 6th like my EFI) to get proper graphics.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back