Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 320-14IKB, Clover and OpenCore UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, how are you?

I am very grateful for trying to help!

The hackintosh community is very welcoming.

The patch for the glow didn't work. I'm using FN + C for brightness - and FN + P for brightness +.

But I'm beginning to believe that my notebook is different from yours in many ways ...

In mine, if I try to change the speed clock through the Clover, it doesn't work and the Clock is on the turbo (3100MHZ) and the temperature is 46ºC.

However, if I use the settings I made for my notebook myself, I can lower the base clock to 800MHZ, in TDP 7.5; according to the Intel Ark website.

Veja: <https://ark.intel.com/content/www/b...-7200u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-10-ghz.html>

In the tutorial, you wondered why the high TDP frequency was 2.7GHZ.

On the Intel Ark website, this is specified very well: if the TDP is 25W, the clock is 2.7Ghz.

As I said, I was never able to change the clock or tdp through Clover.
With my manual changes and voltageshift, I can.

I have just over 5h of SOT, much better than the little more than 2h that I had before changing.

I don't understand how that can happen. believed that there is a manufacturer standard when using the same processor.

See, with my changes, even with several tabs open, my Idepad 320 gets cold (my country is tropical and very hot) and the fan barely makes a noise.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-05-22 às 10.09.36.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-05-22 às 10.09.36.png
    678.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Captura de Tela 2020-05-22 às 10.10.14.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-05-22 às 10.10.14.png
    416.3 KB · Views: 126
Thank you, my dear friend!
It doesn't just work with GenI2C, but it helped a lot.
I manually edited some lines and went through trial and error.

For future users who have Synaptics trackpad, SYNA2B33, add this SSDT-SYNA2B33 with voodooI2C and VoodooI2CSynaptics.

In Clover:

Find _CRS: 5F 43 52 53
Replace XCRS: 58 43 52 53
Target Bridge TPD0: 54504430

Find _STA: 5F 53 54 41
Replace XSTA: 58 53 54 41
Target Bridge GPI0: 47 50 49 30

Hello my friend,
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15-IKB(I7 7500U) and I've been struggling with the trackpad for a while. It has a synaptic device and I see here you where able to make yours work. I downloaded the file you published here but, I'm new on the scene and don't know exactly what to do with that file. I tried to search in my DSDT for the content in this ssd file but no success... how do I apply your settings and where?

Thank you for your time!
Cheers!

Can you update OpenCore EFI ?

When I use EFI" SkyLake " appears as the processor. Why doesn't it appear as" KabyLake" ?

I don't know much. Can you help me?

Hello my friend,
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15-IKB(I7 7500U) and I've been struggling with the trackpad for a while. It has a synaptic device and I see here you where able to make yours work. I downloaded the file you published here but, I'm new on the scene and don't know exactly what to do with that file. I tried to search in my DSDT for the content in this ssd file but no success... how do I apply your settings and where?

Thank you for your time!
Cheers!
Hi @thiagoml, use my EFI in my guide and replace SSDT-I2C with SSDT-I2C 3 from post #12 and replace VoodooI2CELAN with VoodooI2CSynaptics, in OpenCore, change this in config.plist:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Synaptics trackpad using GPIO mode</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooI2CSynaptics</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
or you can just few days till I drop the new update.
Hi @AirLife, please consider that I'm the person who made this EFI and I'm the one who was troubleshooting and fixing things, you cant just copy it and uploaded to your Turkish forum and saying that it's yours (which it isn't) without crediting me.
Anyways, there's a problem with Intel HD 620 under macOS, it won't work with full QE/CI till its spoofed as Intel HD 520, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lur-and-images-in-mojave.262566/#post-1834064

Hi @thiagoml, use my EFI in my guide and replace SSDT-I2C with SSDT-I2C 3 from post #12 and replace VoodooI2CELAN with VoodooI2CSynaptics, in OpenCore, change this in config.plist:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Synaptics trackpad using GPIO mode</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooI2CSynaptics</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
or you can just few days till I drop the new update.
Hi @AirLife, please consider that I'm the person who made this EFI and I'm the one who was troubleshooting and fixing things, you cant just copy it and uploaded to your Turkish forum and saying that it's yours (which it isn't) without crediting me.
Anyways, there's a problem with Intel HD 620 under macOS, it won't work with full QE/CI till its spoofed as Intel HD 520, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lur-and-images-in-mojave.262566/#post-1834064

Hello my friend! Thank you for your time and work. I used your EFI v1.1.1 replacing the VoodooI2CELAN with the appropriate kext for my synaptics trackpad and it worked like a charm! All gestures work! In fact, I decided to do a full reinstall of the system with your guide and now I'm running Catalina 10.15.5 flawlessly with only one detail left to set: The audio jack isn't working... When I plug in a headset or headphones it keeps playing and acute sound and the audio still comes from the internal speakers. I tried to figure out what audio device my laptop has, but Windows info, Speccy and even Linux didn't tell me what ALC I have. Do you know any other tool to figure it out? On linux I tried to obtain that info through cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 | less but it returned Generic Realtek. The HDMI audio works perfectly. Also, brightness keys are in fn + c and fn + p. I saw a few posts back a solution for that but in clover. Does that apply to opencore? Is there a DSDT to edit that info? I'm new to opencore (loving it actually) and still learning it. @julescodoido you are the one that created the patch for brightness keys, right? Could you help me port that for OpenCore?

Hello my friend! Thank you for your time and work. I used your EFI v1.1.1 replacing the VoodooI2CELAN with the appropriate kext for my synaptics trackpad and it worked like a charm! All gestures work! In fact, I decided to do a full reinstall of the system with your guide and now I'm running Catalina 10.15.5 flawlessly with only one detail left to set: The audio jack isn't working... When I plug in a headset or headphones it keeps playing and acute sound and the audio still comes from the internal speakers. I tried to figure out what audio device my laptop has, but Windows info, Speccy and even Linux didn't tell me what ALC I have. Do you know any other tool to figure it out? On linux I tried to obtain that info through cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 | less but it returned Generic Realtek. The HDMI audio works perfectly. Also, brightness keys are in fn + c and fn + p. I saw a few posts back a solution for that but in clover. Does that apply to opencore? Is there a DSDT to edit that info? I'm new to opencore (loving it actually) and still learning it. @julescodoido you are the one that created the patch for brightness keys, right? Could you help me port that for OpenCore?
Hi, I'm glad that it worked for you, yes OpenCore is way better than Clover, less problematic with much cleaner codes, but it's still on developing so there's a lot of things to add to it, AFAIK, most of Lenovo IdeaPad models like 320 and 310 have an ALC230, which is already been configured inside my EFIs, ALCPlugFix in this guide will fix your problem, if you don't have ALC230, use DPCIManager to detect your Audio Card https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/DPCIManager/releases, unfortunately, I've tried to configure a brightness keyboard shortcut that works for all model, I don't have the same hardware as you to test it, if you find an SSDT patch that works for you please uploaded so I can add it to my guide.
Cheers

Hi @thiagoml and @julescodoido, can you please try all these SSDTs and confirm which one is working and which one isn't?
They all work for me except SSDT-BkeysQ14Q15-TP-LPC because its LPC not LPCB, but do they work for yours, the update is ready but the only thing left is the brightness keyboard shortcut, just confirm that one of them is working and I will be publish the update soon.
Cheers.

Hello @abdulrahim, I tried to use these files you shared. Here is how I tried:
-Using PlistEdit Pro, I added to the Patch session inside ACPI each pair of patches for each ssdt;
-Then I mounted my EFI partition, backed-up my SSDT-KBD.aml, pasted the content of each SSDT from jsassu20 github on separated files using MaciASL and saved them as .aml files in my documents;
-Next I deleted the SSDT-KBD from EFI partition, moved one of the SSDTs I downloaded to the proper folder in the EFI partition, renamed it to SSDT-KBD.aml and rebooted;
None of them made the correct brightness keys work. I'm going to extract my dsdt and ssdt via linux and analyze them to check what is different and why I can't get the brightness keys in the right keys.

Hello @abdulrahim, I tried to use these files you shared. Here is how I tried:
-Using PlistEdit Pro, I added to the Patch session inside ACPI each pair of patches for each ssdt;
-Then I mounted my EFI partition, backed-up my SSDT-KBD.aml, pasted the content of each SSDT from jsassu20 github on separated files using MaciASL and saved them as .aml files in my documents;
-Next I deleted the SSDT-KBD from EFI partition, moved one of the SSDTs I downloaded to the proper folder in the EFI partition, renamed it to SSDT-KBD.aml and rebooted;
None of them made the correct brightness keys work. I'm going to extract my dsdt and ssdt via linux and analyze them to check what is different and why I can't get the brightness keys in the right keys.
Hi @thiagoml, I've made these patches can you test them and see if they're working or not? Also, can you see if they can work with or without these patches in config.plist
Code:
Rename _Q11 to XQ11
Find:     5F 51 31 31
Replace:  58 51 31 31

Rename _Q12 to XQ12
Find:     5F 51 31 32
Replace:  58 51 31 32
Regards.

Attachments

• SSDT-KBD.aml
    281 bytes · Views: 90
  • SSDT-PS2K.aml
    281 bytes · Views: 87
Hi @thiagoml, I've made these patches can you test them and see if they're working or not? Also, can you see if they can work with or without these patches in config.plist
Code:
Rename _Q11 to XQ11
Find:     5F 51 31 31
Replace:  58 51 31 31

Rename _Q12 to XQ12
Find:     5F 51 31 32
Replace:  58 51 31 32
Regards.

Hello @abdulrahim, I've tried your patches but still no success... I'm hoping tonight I can take some time to do as I said before, extract acpi tables from my laptop and figure out what's going on. I will probably ask for your help to analyze the files. Would you help me out?
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back