Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-80 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enabled now the patch "AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer" (minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.11.beta ( (based on Austere.J patch)) and tried also to enable this in a second trial: IOGraphicsFamily (Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x (credit lisai9093, cecekpawon)).
Unfortunately the result for both cases is the same as before.
I used and modified this plist:
View attachment 171185
So this is now on my usb (the previous plist with the 2 modifications)
View attachment 171186

Is this OK so? Can I try anything else?

(In all other aspects my USB have been done with RehabMan's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html)

Did you boot without caches? Clover cannot patch kexts that are not in cache.

Your just use bios modding method ! Because eeprom chip is locked
I,m upgrading to latest el capitan version via mac store work perefect !

Did you boot without caches? Clover cannot patch kexts that are not in cache.
Sorry I don't know where to check whether I booted with cache? (Or where should I set it.)

Sorry I don't know where to check whether I booted with cache? (Or where should I set it.)

Basic Clover use/knowledge.

Boot without caches is available from the menu that results from pressing spacebar instead of enter when the boot target is selected in Clover.

After booting without caches, you can rebuild cache using Apple recommended procedure in Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Basic Clover use/knowledge.

Boot without caches is available from the menu that results from pressing spacebar instead of enter when the boot target is selected in Clover.

After booting without caches, you can rebuild cache using Apple recommended procedure in Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I used the pure verbose mode. (Not the "without caches" one.) But in a second trial I also tried the "boot without caches" option. In both cases the result is the same as in my earlier post. So I do not come to have an installed el capitan, whith which I could start the Terminal. (At the moment I have windows on my Lenovo. As in a regular OSX installation, I expect to come first to a text-like window, where I can start Disk Utility and repartition my disk - so to kill my windows. But I do not arrive to this step.)

Your just use bios modding method ! Because eeprom chip is locked
I,m upgrading to latest el capitan version via mac store work perefect !
Hi Safinoor! It is very attractive to see that you secceed but as far as I can judge it was not easy. You had to hardware program several times your BIOS IC. Or do you see another option, which I could use? (You can also answer me in German/French/Italian - Hungarian :) for your convenience. I'm sometimes not sure that I understand you to 100%)

For get more help for modding your bios please open this link ang send a post to this link :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-I-Want-Factory-Bios-File-Lenovo-G50-80?page=4

BdMaster user to this site helping your .
Sorry my english lang not good
I,m send post from iran country and my default language is persian .

This is my laptop screenshots of bios moded and mac os x , view this prefect working and all hidden menu in the bios is enabled :

IMG_20160109_122153.jpg IMG_20160109_122251.jpg IMG_20160109_122804.jpg IMG_20160109_122810.jpg IMG_20160109_122817.jpg IMG_20160109_122827.jpg
IMG_20160109_122830.jpg IMG_20160109_122851.jpg

For get more help for modding your bios please open this link ang send a post to this link :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-I-Want-Factory-Bios-File-Lenovo-G50-80?page=4

BdMaster user to this site helping your .
Sorry my english lang not good
I,m send post from iran country and my default language is persian .

This is my laptop screenshots of bios moded and mac os x, view this prefect working and all hidden menu in the bios is enabled :
But for this, I need a hardware eprom programmer? Am I right?

Yes its right
Is not Necessary buy a hardware programmer
You going to laptop services center for flash a bios mod

Step1:Going to laptop repair services or laptop services center for read your bios chip via hardware programmer device .

Step2: create a topic in this forum for unlock advanced menu in the your bios and send your bios chip backup to topic :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Forum-Insyde-BIOS-Unlocking-Requests

Step3:Bdmaster user read your topic and modding your bios and send a file for you

Step4:after getting your bios mod file , going again to laptop services center or laptop reapair services center for write your bios mod in to bios chip

Step5: press fn+f2 and increase dvmt setting in the bios,and use it in to the clover config (config.plist) :

ig-platform-id=0x16260006

And work all is prefect .

I used the pure verbose mode. (Not the "without caches" one.) But in a second trial I also tried the "boot without caches" option. In both cases the result is the same as in my earlier post. So I do not come to have an installed el capitan, whith which I could start the Terminal. (At the moment I have windows on my Lenovo. As in a regular OSX installation, I expect to come first to a text-like window, where I can start Disk Utility and repartition my disk - so to kill my windows. But I do not arrive to this step.)

Using only verbose mode is not the same as without caches. Without caches also includes verbose.

If you can't boot, show photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back