Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys!
Now I'm on "Preparing USB and initial Installation" part of the guide.
How its supposed to download elan kext? Sorry, but I really don't understand. There is no kext there. All instructions for download and install this kext is for post installation part of the guide. I cant install Yosemite on my lenovo g50-70 laptop with i3 hd4400 clover uefi, so now I'm working on my old laptop with Yosemite already installed on it. If I will make build by ./install.sh command on that laptop then all files will go to EFI of that old laptop as I think.
How to make install to the usb EFI?
Thanks in advance
You can also use the "prepare_usb.sh" script that I wrote for the USB preparation... it will automatically copy needed kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and config.plist to EFI/Clover.
Please note that the script will expect that you've already created the USB installer using the 'createinstallmedia' method, and Clover is already installed on the target USB drive (must be /dev/disk1).

My friend long time ago downloaded this 10.10.5 from apstore and now he has downloaded it again and we made usb.
I've successfully installed from this usb os x on my old acer 8930G. Now I use it to make changes in usb to install os x to my lenovo g50-70.
Now I'm trying to boot from installed os (not from usb) and all I see is just apple icon in the center of monitor without progress bar. It seems that something went wrong with booting.
Should I wait or better stop it and start again with -v arg?

My friend long time ago downloaded this 10.10.5 from apstore and now he has downloaded it again and we made usb.
I've successfully installed from this usb os x on my old acer 8930G. Now I use it to make changes in usb to install os x to my lenovo g50-70.
Now I'm trying to boot from installed os (not from usb) and all I see is just apple icon in the center of monitor without progress bar. It seems that something went wrong with booting.
Should I wait or better stop it and start again with -v arg?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I've deleted fakepciid files and everything went smoothly with installing.
So now I will try to make post install part of the guide
Touchpad works well but I can't use mouse because of big delay broken behavior of it( my English is bad to explain, sorry)
Internet works through usb lte router. There is problem with brightness. It's too bright and I can't lower it. I use sunglasses.)

Thank again! It's very cool that there is this site and you!

Ah, something went wrong.
I can't boot from HDD. Only can boot with usb.
Strange that I can't see my install usb in Finder. And I can't mount EFI.
Any ideas?

I can't boot from HDD. Only can boot with usb.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Strange that I can't see my install usb in Finder. And I can't mount EFI.

Use mount_efi.sh.

Hello all. I was wondering if there have been progress with HD4400+Sierra video hang/lockup. I have been following Rehabman posts and it is my impression that things are better but far from perfect. I updated my 4530s to Sierra and acknowledge that it has been flawless. But I am not sure what to do with my Lenovo G50. Thanks

Hello all. I was wondering if there have been progress with HD4400+Sierra video hang/lockup. I have been following Rehabman posts and it is my impression that things are better but far from perfect. I updated my 4530s to Sierra and acknowledge that it has been flawless. But I am not sure what to do with my Lenovo G50. Thanks
There is a new patch that seems to solve the problem, but it's still not 100% and might cause other minor problems. You can test it and see:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back