Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

the-braveknight

Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y520 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 (1920x1080) + Nvidia GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Last edited:
Hi there!

Thank you for the really good guide, it works like a charm in my El Capitan Lenovo G50-70!

In my new Lenovo G50, I decided to try Sierra from scratch (no problems during installation)

BUT I have mistakenly used the

./install_downloads.sh

instead of

./install_downloads.sh elan

and my trackpad is not recognized, function keys (brightness, audio) are set to F14, F15, which don't exist in my keyboard...

and when I run ./install_downloads.sh elan, on top, obviously I get errors for 17 kexts failed !

Is there a way to uninstall the package with wrong kexts or point me to which exactly kexts I have to uninstall and reinstall for the ELAN trackpad and keyboard to function properly?

best regards
George

the-braveknight

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there!

Thank you for the really good guide, it works like a charm in my El Capitan Lenovo G50-70!

In my new Lenovo G50, I decided to try Sierra from scratch (no problems during installation)

BUT I have mistakenly used the

./install_downloads.sh

instead of

./install_downloads.sh elan

and my trackpad is not recognized, function keys (brightness, audio) are set to F14, F15, which don't exist in my keyboard...

and when I run ./install_downloads.sh elan, on top, obviously I get errors for 17 kexts failed !

Is there a way to uninstall the package with wrong kexts or point me to which exactly kexts I have to uninstall and reinstall for the ELAN trackpad and keyboard to function properly?

best regards
George
"./install_downloads.sh elan" already uninstalls the Synaptics kext (VoodooPS2) and installs the ELAN kext, you might want to run "./download.sh" then "./install_downloads.sh elan" if you have an ELAN trackpad.

"./install_downloads.sh elan" already uninstalls the Synaptics kext (VoodooPS2) and installs the ELAN kext, you might want to run "./download.sh" then "./install_downloads.sh elan" if you have an ELAN trackpad.

Thanx!

It appears that although trackpad and keyboard work gebearlly fine, apart the Volume Control Shortcuts, the trackpad itself is not recognised inside Settings->Trackpad.

Weird, cause on my other lenovo G50 with El Capitan trackpad options appear fine inside settings. Could be a Sierra issue? I will check on my El Capitan Kext for Trackpad and try to use them as a test.

Best
George

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanx!

It appears that although trackpad and keyboard work gebearlly fine, apart the Volume Control Shortcuts, the trackpad itself is not recognised inside Settings->Trackpad.

Weird, cause on my other lenovo G50 with El Capitan trackpad options appear fine inside settings. Could be a Sierra issue? I will check on my El Capitan Kext for Trackpad and try to use them as a test.

Best
George
Something you should have already read...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

the-braveknight

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@the-braveknight I see you added wifi patches for 10.12 in your repo, did you tried Sierra on G50? Would you recommend the update?
Also I noticed you patch the DSDT into Clover plist, does it means there's no need for patched DSDT at all?
I don't use Sierra as my main OS and I don't recommend you do that just yet... Sierra is full of problems... it's also worth mentioning that I do not have a G50-70 laptop, I built this repo based on my experiences helping G50-70 users.

Last edited:

the-braveknight

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Great guide. I was looking at your Z50 repo to build a G50 one and found you already did it.
I'd be gad to help if you need :)
I'd be happy to add anything you suggest to the repo. :)