Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GUIDE: Legion y530 MOJAVE 10.14 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I decided to take a y530 and participate in this adventure, I already have experience in programming and in hackintosh, I hope to help you, and I thank you for everything you have done so far !!!
PS:
my English is terrible, but I'll do my best to make myself understood
welcome and thanks so much!! you should watch this thread too, post there any update or upgrade you make please :D

Hello, I also have a y530 i5 8300h gtx 1050 2GB. I would like to start with all this, I tried to install mojave but at the moment of starting the installation process, it does not detect the touchpad and keyboard.
Is there a guide that I can give a step by step for the Y530?
Thank you.
I speak Spanish, little English.

Hello, I also have a y530 i5 8300h gtx 1050 2GB. I would like to start with all this, I tried to install mojave but at the moment of starting the installation process, it does not detect the touchpad and keyboard.
Is there a guide that I can give a step by step for the Y530?
Thank you.
I speak Spanish, little English.
You can try to replace my EFI to solve the problem.
Lenovo_Y7000-Y530_Hackintosh

Hi @rcc622,
Let me know if you're interested in providing me with the data needed to add Y530 support to my Lenovo Legion repo/guide.

Yes, I am interested. I thought you were asking rcc622.
Actually I was. But I thought i would ask you too since you’re the one hosting a repo.

I am planning to add complete Y530 support to my repo, but I will need a few information from you.

- Have you tried your USB without USBInjectAll.kext? My Y520 has natively correct _UPC methods so that kext was never needed. Please provide IOReg with and without that kext.

- Have you tried the new VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext?

- Why are you injecting LPC? AppleLPC is not needed with your hardware.

- What are you doing to deal with your Thunderbolt-connected USB Type-C?

- Is your trackpad connected via I2C? Why are you using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext if so?

Please answer these questions. I will ask more questions if/when I remember.

- Have you tried your USB without USBInjectAll.kext? My Y520 has natively correct _UPC methods so that kext was never needed. Please provide IOReg with and without that kext.
I tried to remove USBInjectAll.kext and everything worked fine.Attached is my IOReg.
- Have you tried the new VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext?
I tried using VirtualSMC.kext instead of FakeSMC.kext and I was unable to enter the system. Because VirtualSMC.kext will cause ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to conflict with the system's kext.
- Why are you injecting LPC? AppleLPC is not needed with your hardware.
After loading AppleLPC, my power button is working properly (long press the power button will bring up the menu)
- What are you doing to deal with your Thunderbolt-connected USB Type-C?
Unfortunately, my notebook is a special product from Lenovo. There is no Thunderbolt for USB and Type-C.

- Is your trackpad connected via I2C? Why are you using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext if so?
My touchpad device is i2c, using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext because this kext can make my numeric keyboard work properly.

English is not my native language, I hope you can understand my answer, haha.

Attachments

• PowerMenu.png
    PowerMenu.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 195
  • xiaoM的MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back