Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GUIDE: Legion y530 MOJAVE 10.14 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, y530 seems to have hardware incompatibility, resulting in the failure to use Catalina, and there is currently no good solution.
Ok, it doesn't even boot?
Or a specific device (like mouse) is not working?

Try the attachment files below, and dragged them onto kext utility app to install it onto system/ library/ extensions...

I can't say in detail what's the major difference but currently, voodoo one getting updates then ApplePs2 (its more likely native kext) which enable the number pad but voodoo doesn't enable number pad.
I tried the kexts. But, it is same. Touchpad buttons are not working and dragging also not. Do you have buttons working?

Y530 can successfully complete the installation, but can not drive the sound card and graphics card at the same time, see this.
Oh so sad.
They even closed your issue...!
Without sound, does other things work?

Hello guys,
I am considering y530 laptop for hackintosh for iOS development, do you guys recommend? the y530 available has the i7 8750h and gtx 1060. Can somebody please try xcode on mojave or catalina and tell me if it runs good with the simulator? thanks!

Hello guys,
I am considering y530 laptop for hackintosh for iOS development, do you guys recommend? the y530 available has the i7 8750h and gtx 1060. Can somebody please try xcode on mojave or catalina and tell me if it runs good with the simulator? thanks!
For installation, see post 1 and 251.
As you have y530, for now, use Mojave only. Because Catalina is not working properly with y530.

For installation, see post 1 and 251.
As you have y530, for now, use Mojave only. Because Catalina is not working properly with y530.

Thank you for replying. I did not buy the y530 yet. I need conformation that xcode will work on it, so i do not waste money. Also, will it support catalina in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back