Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan, congratulations for your posts.
I've read the whole thread about hackintoshing a NUC, but coult not find a solution for my case. I'm not new to hackintoshing, running a HP Z600 succesfully.

My setup:
- Intel NUC6i5SYH
- Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SATA III
- Ram Crugial 32 Gb (2x16 Gb)

I followed your guide, but I'm stucked on very first install from USB. I observed the boot in verbose mode, and seems to proceed normally, until something get stalled with AppleAPCICPU (attached). After 3 identical rows, the logo appears with a full progress bar, and nothing else happens. My plist is attached.

Any suggestion for me?
Thank you in advance.
Marco

View attachment 319841 View attachment 319847
Thanks RehabMan, you're perfectly right. I'm sorry! I edited my previous request with full EFI/CLOVER directory from USB. No other attachment is possible, since I cannot complete boot from USB. Thanks for your feedback.
Marco

You have no FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Note also that EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is required if using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. So you either need to add it, or use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Read the guide carefully...

You have no FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Note also that EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is required if using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. So you either need to add it, or use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Read the guide carefully...

Thanks a lot Rehabman, you were right. Thanks for sharing your experience with everybody.

Hello, my install on NUC6i5SYH went fine thanks to RehabMan support. Excellent setup.
I have a last unsolved issue: no audio. I followed the guide and this post by Lanman71: #159 but cannot figure out the solution.
Some suggestion? Attached my EFI (USB) configuration. I'm still booting from USB, no post installation yet. Thank you.

Marco
NUC6i5SYH - 32 Gb Ram - Samsung EVO m2 500 Gb - Graphics Iris 540

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 102
Hello, my install on NUC6i5SYH went fine thanks to RehabMan support. Excellent setup.
I have a last unsolved issue: no audio. I followed the guide and this post by Lanman71: #159 but cannot figure out the solution.
Some suggestion? Attached my EFI (USB) configuration. I'm still booting from USB, no post installation yet. Thank you.

Marco
NUC6i5SYH - 32 Gb Ram - Samsung EVO m2 500 Gb - Graphics Iris 540

You must complete the post install steps as per post #1.

Hi RehabMan, I updated by reinstalling on a previous version mac on a nuc6i5syk.
My previous version was sierra 10.13
The new version is 10.13.3.
Practically I followed the guide on pag. 1, as a new installation, by installing on the ssd with the previous version.
I was able to following the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
until
"8. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility in step 3.
9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop."
Then, when I restart from "Boot OS X from MACOS" I have a kind of panic after the command "kec.corecrypto".

Attached there is the Clover zip from the usb stick and a photo of the "panic".

Thanks in advance for your time.

----------------
Nuc 6i5syh
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Sierra 10.13
1,8 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
32 GB 2134 MHz DDR4
Kingston
Part Number: KHX2133C13S416G
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
  • 20180325_042706.jpeg
    20180325_042706.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 58
Hi RehabMan, I updated by reinstalling on a previous version mac on a nuc6i5syk.
My previous version was sierra 10.13
The new version is 10.13.3.
Practically I followed the guide on pag. 1, as a new installation, by installing on the ssd with the previous version.
I was able to following the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
until
"8. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility in step 3.
9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop."
Then, when I restart from "Boot OS X from MACOS" I have a kind of panic after the command "kec.corecrypto".

Attached there is the Clover zip from the usb stick and a photo of the "panic".

Thanks in advance for your time.

----------------
Nuc 6i5syh
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Sierra 10.13
1,8 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
32 GB 2134 MHz DDR4
Kingston
Part Number: KHX2133C13S416G
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB

Your Lilu.kext is too old.
Read post #1, "System updates".

Last edited:
I put the new Lilu.kext (RehabMan-Lilu-2017-1207) in the folder Kexts/Other together with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
of my usb stick. Then I reinstalled again macos sierra 10.13.3 on the ssd (MACOS).
After the installation I restart clover by choosing "Boot OS X from MACOS" and after a couple of seconds I have the same "panic".
I will try to do the same procedure on a "empty" ssd to see if the problem is still present or no.

Your Lilu.kext is too old.
Read post #1, "System updates".

I put the new Lilu.kext (RehabMan-Lilu-2017-1207) in the folder Kexts/Other together with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
of my usb stick. Then I reinstalled again macos sierra 10.13.3 on the ssd (MACOS).
After the installation I restart clover by choosing "Boot OS X from MACOS" and after a couple of seconds I have the same "panic".
I will try to do the same procedure on a "empty" ssd to see if the problem is still present or no.

Recommended Lilu.kext (and other kexts) is installed with download.sh and install_downloads.sh.

Can someone point out where this statement is pionting to? It's from post #1, page 1. Can't understand what previous section it's referring to when the statement below is gotten from post #1 on the first page. There's no previous section.

Post Installation

Install Clover UEFI as described in the guide linked by the previous section (post #2).

Can someone point out where this statement is pionting to? It's from post #1, page 1. Can't understand what previous section it's referring to when the statement below is gotten from post #1 on the first page. There's no previous section.

Post Installation

Install Clover UEFI as described in the guide linked by the previous section (post #2).

Post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back