Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh I've boot that time without caches

I've tried with my usb from previous installation with your new startup config from post #1

also clover.zip from my usb drive

You must use an invalid ig-platform-id if you expect to avoid whatever graphics issue you have.
It is likely related to the fact that the connector data is not complete (as mentioned in post #1), so depending on which connector you're using with which ig-platform-id, you may not have a signal on your monitor.
After the kext is patched via Clover (but kext must be in cache), it is not an issue.
But without said patches, it is something you must pay attention too.

By the way @RehabMan, I already connected a laptop to HDMI — HP Spectre x360 on Windows 10 — on this TV (Samsung UE58MU6125) and I had the 4K @ 60Hz.

I tested the three HDMI ports of the TV and Mac OS X doesn't want to go into 4K @ 60Hz ... I don't really want to go back to Full HD to have a good refresh rate on such a screen...

By the way @RehabMan, I already connected a laptop to HDMI — HP Spectre x360 on Windows 10 — on this TV (Samsung UE58MU6125) and I had the 4K @ 60Hz.

Off-topic.
Windows 10 result on hardware not part of this guide is not relevant.

I tested the three HDMI ports of the TV and Mac OS X doesn't want to go into 4K @ 60Hz ... I don't really want to go back to Full HD to have a good refresh rate on such a screen...

Advice already given in my previous reply.

Please note that Windows support for HDMI is much better than macOS/OS X.

Off-topic.
Windows 10 result on hardware not part of this guide is not relevant.

Advice already given in my previous reply.

Please note that Windows support for HDMI is much better than macOS/OS X.

I understand but it was to say that it was not a problem related to my TV.

What solution can I try to have the 4K @ 60Hz on OS X? I have to do a new problem reporting (with DP)?

Thanks anyway.

I understand but it was to say that it was not a problem related to my TV.

Some have reported that by changing settings related to HDMI on the TV or monitor itself, they have resolved the problem.
I forget the details, but it has something to with macOS/OS X not supporting recent HDMI versions.

What solution can I try to have the 4K @ 60Hz on OS X? I have to do a new problem reporting (with DP)?

In case you didn't realize, your NUC6i7KYK has three different external video ports to try (HDMI, miniDP, USB-C).

Some have reported that by changing settings related to HDMI on the TV or monitor itself, they have resolved the problem.
I forget the details, but it has something to with macOS/OS X not supporting recent HDMI versions.

In case you didn't realize, your NUC6i7KYK has three different external video ports to try (HDMI, miniDP, USB-C).
You're right, it's more explicit now.

I only tested HDMI and DP, not USB-C, it's true. I will try to change the settings of the TV and I will see. It's supposed to work without any additional application or modification (besides your very good guide, I mean)?

It's supposed to work without any additional application or modification (besides your very good guide, I mean)?

As noted in post #1, I have no 4k hardware. Any 4k knowledge is the result of other users writing regarding their own experiences with the hardware they have.

You must use an invalid ig-platform-id if you expect to avoid whatever graphics issue you have.
It is likely related to the fact that the connector data is not complete (as mentioned in post #1), so depending on which connector you're using with which ig-platform-id, you may not have a signal on your monitor.
After the kext is patched via Clover (but kext must be in cache), it is not an issue.
But without said patches, it is something you must pay attention too.

but it did not boot with various ig-platform-id
so I boot on my second ssd with stock 10.13 and was able to rebuild caches for the first
and it boots right now

thank you again!

but it did not boot with various ig-platform-id

Keep in mind the ACPI content in ACPI/patched will always inject the ig-platform-id...
This is why I suggested booting from USB (as ig-platform-id is controlled by Clover instead of ACPI).

Quick question. The NIC went bad in my NUC6i5SYH, Have a new box from Intel identical in every way. I placed the M.2 SSD & Memory from the old NUC into the new NUC. Set the bios so they were identical. New NUC boots Clover and clover starts trying to boot OSx, but all it get to is the apple logo and pauses. No % complete line under the logo. Is there anything I'm missing?
BTW, put the SSD and Memory back in the old NUC and boots perfectly (just no network).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back