Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. The NIC went bad in my NUC6i5SYH, Have a new box from Intel identical in every way. I placed the M.2 SSD & Memory from the old NUC into the new NUC. Set the bios so they were identical. New NUC boots Clover and clover starts trying to boot OSx, but all it get to is the apple logo and pauses. No % complete line under the logo. Is there anything I'm missing?
BTW, put the SSD and Memory back in the old NUC and boots perfectly (just no network).

Without problem reporting files (verbose boot, EFI/Clover), no idea.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Without problem reporting files (verbose boot, EFI/Clover), no idea.

Thanks I realize there is nothing anyone can do to fix without logs. But I was more interested to learn if there was something basic, like if OSx ties itself to some form of hardware ID during installation, like a few other OS's do, that would prevent something simple like this.

like if OSx ties itself to some form of hardware ID during installation,

I don't think so.
I regularly switch the SSD (because I don't have an SSD for both) installed in my NUC6i5SYK to my NUC7i7BNH (and back the other way) with appropriate modifications to config.plist and ACPI/patched (as per respective guides for NUC6 vs. NUC7) without issue.

I don't think so.
I regularly switch the SSD (because I don't have an SSD for both) installed in my NUC6i5SYK to my NUC7i7BNH (and back the other way) with appropriate modifications to config.plist and ACPI/patched (as per respective guides for NUC6 vs. NUC7) without issue.

Thanks. Finally figured it out. In the bios I had VT-d enabled on the old Nuc and disabled on the new. As soon as I changed that it booted up perfectly.

Thanks. Finally figured it out. In the bios I had VT-d enabled on the old Nuc and disabled on the new. As soon as I changed that it booted up perfectly.

Required BIOS settings are detailed in post #1.

Hey RehabMan,

I have another problem when I connect two screens at the same time on the NUC6i7KYK: the two screens work normally until the Clover menu. Then, Mac OS only starts on my second screen, the main screen is black.

The only solution is to unplug the HDMI cable of the second screen before starting the NUC, and plug it in again after Mac OS has booted. It only works like that.

My two screens:
- Main screen: Dell U2414H, plugged into mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort
- Secondary screen: Asus VX238H, connected to HDMI

Is it normal behavior or a bug? My configuration and the requested files are attached.

Thanks...

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
Hey RehabMan,

I have another problem when I connect two screens at the same time on the NUC6i7KYK: the two screens work normally until the Clover menu. Then, Mac OS only starts on my second screen, the main screen is black.

The only solution is to unplug the HDMI cable of the second screen before starting the NUC, and plug it in again after Mac OS has booted. It only works like that.

My two screens:
- Main screen: Dell U2414H, plugged into mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort
- Secondary screen: Asus VX238H, connected to HDMI

Is it normal behavior or a bug? My configuration and the requested files are attached.

Thanks...

I use my system with only a single monitor, so I haven't done much experimentation with more than that.
You might experiment with different BIOS settings.
Or leave the second monitor off, then turn it on after booting.

Hi RehabMan, congratulations for your posts.
I've read the whole thread about hackintoshing a NUC, but coult not find a solution for my case. I'm not new to hackintoshing, running a HP Z600 succesfully.

My setup:
- Intel NUC6i5SYH
- Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SATA III
- Ram Crugial 32 Gb (2x16 Gb)

I followed your guide, but I'm stucked on very first install from USB. I observed the boot in verbose mode, and seems to proceed normally, until something get stalled with AppleAPCICPU (attached). After 3 identical rows, the logo appears with a full progress bar, and nothing else happens. My plist is attached.

Any suggestion for me?
Thank you in advance.
Marco

Photo Mar 19, 12 15 55 PM.jpg Photo Mar 19, 12 34 22 PM.jpg

Attachments

• config_install_nuc6.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 220
  • EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan, congratulations for your posts.
I've read the whole thread about hackintoshing a NUC, but coult not find a solution for my case. I'm not new to hackintoshing, running a HP Z600 succesfully.

My setup:
- Intel NUC6i5SYH
- Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SATA III
- Ram Crugial 32 Gb (2x16 Gb)

I followed your guide, but I'm stucked on very first install from USB. I observed the boot in verbose mode, and seems to proceed normally, until something get stalled with AppleAPCICPU (attached). After 3 identical rows, the logo appears with a full progress bar, and nothing else happens. My plist is attached.

Any suggestion for me?
Thank you in advance.
Marco

View attachment 319841 View attachment 319847

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back