Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Thank you for your reply!
Do you have a link for a specific guide for it?
And also a link for an EFI folder? is the one that you have uploaded should be good for me too? (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-107#post-1985283)
I have Intel NUC8i5BEH with Intel SSD 660p 1TB and 2x CORSAIR VENGEANCE SODIMM 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2666 C18.
I use the latest bios 0073, default settings + enable Legacy Boot + Allow UEFI 3rd party driver to be loaded during Boot Device (but i'm not sure if it's really needed).

Thank you so much!
It's day 1 with hackintosh :)
See post 930 in this thread. It's only a rough guide but there are instructions on the site on how to create the USB boot drive using unibeast.

Unfortunately no, its not possible with the onboard intel chip. You can get wireless if needed with a usb type deal or remove your m2 ssd and swap it for an adapter and airport card (which is a whole other discussion). I just use the LAN connectivity for this machine so for me its all I need.
I have an NUC7i3BNH which has soldered Intel WiFi. So it is indeed possible for me to have WiFi if I get myself a BCM94360CS2 with a M.2 adapter and plug it into the M.2 slot? I thought that if my Wifi Card is soldered, that there is no possibility to get wifi.

To fix hdmi sound issue you should get rid of FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio kexts and inject graphics and hdmi audio using Hackintool https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/
I did remove FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio as you said. (my kexts are located in Library/Extensions). I also did the graphics and hdmi audio injection to the best of my current understanding. Can you check if I did it correctly (or maybe I'm missing some of EFI drivers)?

So to sum up: HDMI audio works for me, but the moment I reboot or shutdown and boot up again, I have to switch the HDMI port on my TV to get HDMI audio working again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Yep, here it is. Sometimes, I will get intermittent audio that cuts out during playback. As said, I removed the kexts from kexts/Other/ directory so you won't find any there. If you have a possible lead on why my HDMI audio keeps getting borked, that'd be great.

Also, here's the list of kexts that were installed into Library/Extensions:

AppleALC
AirportBrcmFixUp
BrcmFirwmareRepo
BrcmNonPatchRam
BrcmPatchRam2
BT4LEContinuityFixup
CodecCommander
FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio
FakeSMC
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
LiluFriend
NullEthernet
SATA-unsupported
XHCI-unsupported
USBInjectAll
WhateverGreen
I don't have an NUC7 so I can't test my suggestions but you are loading a bunch of kexts you don't need. It probably won't help your HDMI situation but its worth a try.

Not needed (unless you do end up going the M2 Adapter with an Airport card which does work, even then you have conflicting bluetooth kexts.)
AirportBrcmFixUp
BrcmFirwmareRepo
BrcmNonPatchRam
BrcmPatchRam2
BT4LEContinuityFixup
LiluFriend
NullEthernet (this is to disable the onboard wifi, maybe turning it off in the bios is enough)

Once you delete kexts you will have to rebuild the kext cache. Use terminal and enter:

sudo kextcache -i /

Quick question - maybe one of you can help.

I have a Nuc8i7BEH1 which has been working flawlessly as my primary computer for months. Today I came home from work and found the computer off. When I press the power key, it does not turn on. I've been trying to figure out why it won't power on for a couple hours now. I have tried everything and can't figure out why all of a sudden it doesn't boot. I opened it up, unseated and reseated ram. I disconnected the SSD and that wasn't it either. Of note, when plugged in I do get a small green LED on the motherboard. Any ideas?

Hi, I've built up the cheapest Mac mini with nuc8i3beh, 120gb ssd storage and 4gb of ram. Everything work fine and smoothly. Just one thing does not work: Bluetooth. I've tried different efi folder from different threads, but nothing.
Do you have any suggestions? Or do you know where I can look for?
IMG_20190829_143058.jpg

Thanks in advance

Hi, I've built up the cheapest Mac mini with nuc8i3beh, 120gb ssd storage and 4gb of ram. Everything work fine and smoothly. Just one thing does not work: Bluetooth. I've tried different efi folder from different threads, but nothing.
Do you have any suggestions? Or do you know where I can look for?
View attachment 423640
Thanks in advance
I don't think anyone has ever made it work consistently being it's an intel chip and not really supported in Mojave. You can try and search the thread and or wait for a reply by another user. If you really want bluetooth spring for a USB dongle that works with osx.

Last edited:
Back