Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! Have you worked around a fix the sd slot in monterey? Thanks
Hey there. The best solution is a USB adapter. We have had the onboard device working a few times here but updates tend to break the fix. An adapter works all the time with any version of OS and they don’t cost a lot.

Motherboard
NUC8BEB
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
I don't use Kext Updater, did you reset the NVRAM after making the changes? What does Hackintool under the boot tab say?
View attachment 547858
I tried to reset nvram, but it did not work for me. I still don't understand the intricacies of loading. Hackintool shows what I have 0.6.6
Снимок экрана 2022-05-21 в 16.26.27.png

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to reset nvram, but it did not work for me. I still don't understand the intricacies of loading. Hackintool shows what I have 0.6.6View attachment 548015
Okay, that helps in that we now know your EFI partition wasn’t updated. My suggestion at this point would be to create a bootable USB drive so we don’t blow up your current installation accidentally. Back up your data and either log out of your iCloud account or add your current serial numbers to the USB drive you are creating.
1st format the drive as GUID partition map in disk utility, then download and use opencore configurator or EFI-Agent to mount the EFI partition on the drive. From there copy my upload to the now unhidden EFI partition, add your serial numbers and then reboot. Hit the F10 key and choose the usb drive.
If it works then basically do the same thing to your hard drive.

Motherboard
NUC NUC8I5BEK
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there. The best solution is a USB adapter. We have had the onboard device working a few times here but updates tend to break the fix. An adapter works all the time with any version of OS and they don’t cost a lot.
Hello!
I have updated to Opencoreas I mentioned before, but for some reason clover used to handle better my apps for working (OBS + SKYPE) and it was not laggy at all, but now OpenCore gets supper laggy and even breaks the audio.
Have you had any experience like this? I am even considering going back to mojave with clover at this point. Thanks

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!
I have updated to Opencoreas I mentioned before, but for some reason clover used to handle better my apps for working (OBS + SKYPE) and it was not laggy at all, but now OpenCore gets supper laggy and even breaks the audio.
Have you had any experience like this? I am even considering going back to mojave with clover at this point. Thanks
Sorry, I have never tried to use either of those applications. Zoom and Microsoft Teams both work fine. Is this happening on an existing modified boot loader install or brand new?

Motherboard
NUC NUC8I5BEK
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry, I have never tried to use either of those applications. Zoom and Microsoft Teams both work fine. Is this happening on an existing modified boot loader install or brand new?
It is a vainilla install of opencore. But does your NUC gets laggy when using cpu or the gpu at 80%?

Motherboard
NUC NUC8I5BEK
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It was the damn usb HUB, I changed it to one with a USB energy hub and it went from 86% cpu to 37%. Thanks

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris 655
Hi @Leesureone,

do you have any plans for an update on pg 89 with OC 8.1? Would be happy to install it.

Thanks a lot!

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @Leesureone,

do you have any plans for an update on pg 89 with OC 8.1? Would be happy to install it.

Thanks a lot!
Currently out of the country, back late next week and time willing possibly I'll get a newer version uploaded the following week. If you do not want to wait (it's not going to change much for NUC Users) see here for OCAuxiliary Tools that can help the update process, I suggest trying it on a bootable USB Drive first.

Last edited:

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @Leesureone,

Thanks a lot!
Here is an updated version using OC 8.1, as yet untested.

Attachments

• NUC8i7OC8.1 Original ConfigEFI.zip
    32.4 MB · Views: 22