Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hello!
I have updated to Opencoreas I mentioned before, but for some reason clover used to handle better my apps for working (OBS + SKYPE) and it was not laggy at all, but now OpenCore gets supper laggy and even breaks the audio.
Have you had any experience like this? I am even considering going back to mojave with clover at this point. Thanks
Sorry, I have never tried to use either of those applications. Zoom and Microsoft Teams both work fine. Is this happening on an existing modified boot loader install or brand new?

Sorry, I have never tried to use either of those applications. Zoom and Microsoft Teams both work fine. Is this happening on an existing modified boot loader install or brand new?
It is a vainilla install of opencore. But does your NUC gets laggy when using cpu or the gpu at 80%?

It was the damn usb HUB, I changed it to one with a USB energy hub and it went from 86% cpu to 37%. Thanks

Hi @Leesureone,

do you have any plans for an update on pg 89 with OC 8.1? Would be happy to install it.

Thanks a lot!

Hi @Leesureone,

do you have any plans for an update on pg 89 with OC 8.1? Would be happy to install it.

Thanks a lot!
Currently out of the country, back late next week and time willing possibly I'll get a newer version uploaded the following week. If you do not want to wait (it's not going to change much for NUC Users) see here for OCAuxiliary Tools that can help the update process, I suggest trying it on a bootable USB Drive first.

Last edited:
Hi @Leesureone,

Thanks a lot!
Here is an updated version using OC 8.1, as yet untested.

Attachments

• NUC8i7OC8.1 Original ConfigEFI.zip
    32.4 MB · Views: 57
I have a NUC7i3BNH, BIOS 49, Catalina, that has been booting via Clover. I want to convert to OC. I downloaded the 0.7.9 EFI from page 89 to a USB drive, added my platform info, and tried to boot. the picker screen shows just a single entry: EFI, which turns out to be the Clover EFI on my hard disk. I thought that hitting the space bar at the picker screen would show several other options, including Clear NVRAM, but not so.

so:
1) does the config.plist in the 0.7.9 EFI need to be modded for the NUC7?
2) do I need to update to a more recent BIOS?
3) are there any particular BIOS settings that might need to be changed from settings for a successful Clover boot?

thanks!

Hello @faithie999. I’m going to venture your USB boot drive is not properly configured. The answer to all your questions are no but to successfully migrate from Clover there are some additional steps to take. Please visit the Dortania Install Guide site and read the section on moving from clover to OpenCore.

Last edited:
OC 8.1 EFI Link

Back