Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HELP! Anyone knows what happened to the "post #2" from the guide to install Mojave? I am trying to install it. I have my original UBS to install it but I do not remember what is the procedure once in Clover. I remember I have to change some numbers to "1234567" or something like that and the steps of the screen loading and not freaking about it restarting a few times. I can not find that post. Can someone point me into the right direction. Thanks
I think you have the wrong thread, is this what you meant? That guide is four years old, guess if it still works for you then keep at it.

Motherboard
NUC NUC8I5BEK
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It still works! Thanks, mate!

Motherboard
NUC NUC8I5BEK
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is jumping from Mojave to Monterey in a NUC8i5BEK really hard? I was able to (and still I'm) install Mojave no problem on it, also updating to Catalina but is there any guide (dumb proof) for jumping to Open Core and installing then Monterey? I have tried looking at p89 but it is only the files, what about the installation process? Thanks. If not, I might need to jump off the boat of Hackintosh.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is jumping from Mojave to Monterey in a NUC8i5BEK really hard? I was able to (and still I'm) install Mojave no problem on it, also updating to Catalina but is there any guide (dumb proof) for jumping to Open Core and installing then Monterey? I have tried looking at p89 but it is only the files, what about the installation process? Thanks. If not, I might need to jump off the boat of Hackintosh.
Are you using Clover? Dortania in their OpenCore install Guide details how to move from Clover to OpenCore. Do a quick search for it and give it a read.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Motherboard
NUC NUC8I5BEK
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I found the same page on Dortania. I am planning on watching a few videos and seeing how to do it. Does not seem to be that hard, though. If I could install Cover once I think I might be able to do it with Opencore. I am just scared of ruining the NUC since it is my work computer.
As for now, I am trying to update from Mojave to Catalina but for some reason the install process does not run and a black screen runs forever and then on the restart I have a "update" icon in clover but does not upgrade to Catalina.
Thanks, Leesureone. You have helped me back then and also now, I really appreciate it.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I found the same page on Dortania. I am planning on watching a few videos and seeing how to do it. Does not seem to be that hard, though. If I could install Cover once I think I might be able to do it with Opencore. I am just scared of ruining the NUC since it is my work computer.
As for now, I am trying to update from Mojave to Catalina but for some reason the install process does not run and a black screen runs forever and then on the restart I have a "update" icon in clover but does not upgrade to Catalina.
Thanks, Leesureone. You have helped me back then and also now, I really appreciate it.
I haven't followed the Clover update path for quite sometime now but I believe you need to manually download an updated version and then customize it so it would allow you to update to Catalina. It has bits of OpenCore integrated into it so you'd have to get familiar with parts of OpenCore anyway.

My suggestion is to back everything up using time machine, or some other form of a Mac friendly backup program, and then on a USB drive create a bootable installer using Catalina and one of the later version of OpenCore I've uploaded. It should boot, then it's up to you if you want to move the boot fields over to your hard drive (after cleaning out any Clover bits) and finish the update to Catalina.

Motherboard
NUC8BEB
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Good afternoon. I have a problem of this nature. On page 89 downloaded the latest Original Nuc8i7OC7.9 bootloader. Installed macos Monterey 12.3.1, everything seems to be working fine. But when I run Kext Updater, it shows that I have a bootloader version of 0.6.6

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good afternoon. I have a problem of this nature. On page 89 downloaded the latest Original Nuc8i7OC7.9 bootloader. Installed macos Monterey 12.3.1, everything seems to be working fine. But when I run Kext Updater, it shows that I have a bootloader version of 0.6.6
I don't use Kext Updater, did you reset the NVRAM after making the changes? What does Hackintool under the boot tab say?
Hackintool Boot.png