Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
Core i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Its never been mentioned here before, besides the kernel panic, the behavior you describe sounds more like a USB port mapping error. What works for me in my upload may need to be changed to work for you. It gets a little more complicated to do after Catalina. I found that Monterey broke some of the port mapping I thought was fine because it had worked in Big Sur.

Thanks, a google showed that this KP is a known issue after an OS upgrade: https://github.com/Mieze/IntelMausiEthernet/issues/21

After cleaning the caches I haven't seen any further occurrences (fingers crossed). USB-wise all ports seem to report properly and recognize devices without issue.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690 Rog Strix G Gaming
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, did anyone try to use Sidecar on a Nuc8i5? So far I do not have the symbol even. I tried the latest EFI folder by @Leesureone but it did not change anything. The "idiots guide to Lilu" is helpful but I might have missed something in my Bios setup aswell. Good to know if someone can use this function. I use OpenCore 7.7 and latest macOS. Perhaps @Leesureone have the answer?

Last edited:

Leesureone

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, did anyone try to use Sidecar on a Nuc8i5? So far I do not have the symbol even. I tried the latest EFI folder by @Leesureone but it did not change anything. The "idiots guide to Lilu" is helpful but I might have missed something in my Bios setup aswell. Good to know if someone can use this function. I use OpenCore 7.7 and latest macOS. Perhaps @Leesureone have the answer?
There are lots of issues trying to get SideCar running on a hackintosh. You can try this, I haven't yet but it seems promising.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Sidecar works for with my NUC8i5 and an ipad air 3 no problem. I am using zearp's efi, and a BCM94360CS native wifi/bluetooth combo card.

Leesureone

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sidecar works for with my NUC8i5 and an ipad air 3 no problem. I am using zearp's efi, and a BCM94360CS native wifi/bluetooth combo card.
The BCM94360CS is the reason it does for you, without a natively recognized Bluetooth/Wireless cards it's typically a no go.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The BCM94360CS is the reason it does for you, without a natively recognized Bluetooth/Wireless cards it's typically a no go.
Hello, I tried the link you gave me and true, I can share screen with an iPad, but only via cable. So its because I don't use this the BCM94360CS it refuse to connect. But I will try on an other machine that has a native Bluetoothcard and see what's happens.

Motherboard
NUC NUC8I5BEK
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HELP! Anyone knows what happened to the "post #2" from the guide to install Mojave? I am trying to install it. I have my original UBS to install it but I do not remember what is the procedure once in Clover. I remember I have to change some numbers to "1234567" or something like that and the steps of the screen loading and not freaking about it restarting a few times. I can not find that post. Can someone point me into the right direction. Thanks