Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I also just upgraded to Catalina, and am getting all the way to login. As soon as i login the NUC reboots, without any warning.If I leave it on the login window it's fine... Only as soon as i enter password does it reboot

Good afternoon after the help of Leesureone to make my intel nuc 8i5 work with the latest version of Catalina,
I am trying to do the same in another intel nuc model 6i5SYB but I even got to install dual windows 10 and upgrade to Catalina until the last phase where when it starts up it restarts without going to the last step it gives an IGPU error at the start of the FGX firmware, please, could someone give me some hint. Tks.
NUC6? I know the EFI folders I uploaded won't support it. Do you have the an SSDT-EC.al in ACPI patched an have you updated Clover and all kexts? Also check no hackintosh kexts are installed into L\E. only Clover\kexts\other

I also just upgraded to Catalina, and am getting all the way to login. As soon as i login the NUC reboots, without any warning.If I leave it on the login window it's fine... Only as soon as i enter password does it reboot
Hello, more information is needed to help. What model NUC? Also did you update Clover to latest as well as your kexts on your USB boot drive before trying to update? There are also some files you need in Clover\ACPI\patched. What do you have installed there?
You should be able to use one of my EFI folders on page 90 of this thread to create a boot drive that works.

hi its is a Intel nuc 6i5syb
I will try whit your Folder.

Last edited:
Good day,

I’ve updated Catalina (through software update) to the newest 10.15.4 (supplemental update). It worked on my nuc7 without a problem.

Greetings
schlotterp

NUC6? I know the EFI folders I uploaded won't support it. Do you have the an SSDT-EC.al in ACPI patched an have you updated Clover and all kexts? Also check no hackintosh kexts are installed into L\E. only Clover\kexts\other

I got it. it gets very hot and the fans are turned on, some idea of how to fix it, someone can help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 18.22.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 18.22.29.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I got it. it gets very hot and the fans are turned on, some idea of how to fix it, someone can help
Can you upload your EFI folder? Remove the serial numbers if you are concerned.

Hello guys! I have an Intel NUC6CAYS. Do I have to follow this guide or the general guide from the main page?

Hello guys! I have an Intel NUC6CAYS. Do I have to follow this guide or the general guide from the main page?
Hi @Stern, the best advice I have is to follow the original guide Rehabman created for these devices. There are ACPI patches you'll need that multibeast won't support but Rehabman's script will. The guide is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.261708/

I think I would start with Mojave (search google for how to download, still legit) being its not as demanding as Catalina and is better supported by the guide. No guarantee it will work being I don't have that model to test on but if you update Clover and all available Kexts before trying to boot I bet it will work. It did for me using an NUC7.

hello rehabman. what about the performance about the ssd on you nuc7i7dnhe ? mine is samsung sm951 on my nuc7i7dnhe , the sm951 is very slow on both win10 and mac 10.14.2, the read speed is about 1500MB/S and the write speed is 700MB/s . i am not sure if the bios limites the performance .
Yes it's the bios limitation, or to be more specific (according to Intel Support) error in Intel Management Engine settings.
Had same problem and managed to get it solved.
Tried regular BIOS recovery and it didn't do the trick.
Solution is BIOS Recovery by Security Jumper
You can locate the jumper using Technical Product Specifications

Back