Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

In the bios change thunderbolt to legacy and have whatever device plugged in at boot up.
Thanks- is that all there is to it? I already have a Thunderbolt set to Legacy. I'll have to test it.

Thanks- is that all there is to it? I already have a Thunderbolt set to Legacy. I'll have to test it.
Pretty much, there is ongoing work to support hot plugging but the focus has been on 390 boards. You can search this forum and or GitHub for more info and possible solutions if needed.

What should go in the <key>DefaultVolume</key> value??

my drive is called MAC, and I tried that, the UUID for the partition, all with no luck. I tried Timeout 0 and -1 with no success. It always asks for the drive. (Clover Boot screen)

I am trying to make my NUC8 boot as fast as possible (no other OS / partition)

p.s.: Hi everyone, at some point from 2010 my user was lost, so new user. (long time since I hackintosh'ed)

What should go in the <key>DefaultVolume</key> value??

my drive is called MAC, and I tried that, the UUID for the partition, all with no luck. I tried Timeout 0 and -1 with no success. It always asks for the drive. (Clover Boot screen)

I am trying to make my NUC8 boot as fast as possible (no other OS / partition)

p.s.: Hi everyone, at some point from 2010 my user was lost, so new user. (long time since I hackintosh'ed)
Try using Clover Configurator...

First of all, thank you very much, after reading several pages of this thread, you're a continuous contributor.

Secondly, I obviously tried Clover Configurator :) also no luck. If you do have it working (or anyone) skipping Clover boot screen, I'm all eyes.

EDIT: FIXED!

I was able to get a decent boot time by using:

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MAC</string>
<key>Fast</key>
<true/>

Now... to find that wi-fi dongle that I left somewhere.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you very much, after reading several pages of this thread, you're a continuous contributor

Secondly, I obviously tried Clover Configurator :) also no luck. If you do have it working (or anyone) skipping Clover boot screen, I'm all eyes.
We only know what you tell us. I'd search the site, the default boot volume name should be working and then time out to 0 .

Last edited:
Really it sounds like you should be posting in a File Vault Forum instead of here but its all good. Sounds like you will be rolling as soon as you delete FakeSMC.kext. Honestly I forget now why I've go that installed instead of VirtualAMC.kext, that's what I use everywhere else including the OpenCore version NUC8 EFI folder on page 90. I'll probably change it out in the next couple of days.

Hi buddy can you help me out I updated to open core. o.5.7 and it won't boot. thank.. I really appreciate it..thank..

Hi buddy can you help me out I updated to open core. o.5.7 and it won't boot. thank.. I really appreciate it..thank..
I am going to recommend that until I have time to get into it that you revert back to 5.6. That or make the commitment to learn a little more about the boot loader and whatever changes happened so you can fix it yourself.

[...]

I then took one of my Identical NUC's with Bios 71 that is already running your previous Clover 5100 version and shoved its already working M.2 Drive into the suspected bad system. The known good M.2 drive immediately booted and ran for about the same 5-6 min before screeching to a halt.
[...]

Good day,
I`m running clover 5108 with bios 79. It works.

Greetings
schlotterp

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-06 um 20.22.13.png

I am going to recommend that until I have time to get into it that you revert back to 5.6. That or make the commitment to learn a little more about the boot loader and whatever changes happened so you can fix it yourself.

ok thanks. I appreciate you let me know when you do I'll go back to 5.6. thanks again buddy...

Back