Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi,

Getting a stop sign on NUC8i3BEH during attempt to load installer. In verbose mode it says - Still waiting for root device. Using EFI from post #894. BIOS version is 0072 from stock.
Any idea is appreciated =)
Need a lot more information in order to help. This could help but you would have to boot with the -V boot flag to know if that's what it is hanging.

Last edited:
That's great, sound from the front jack and HDMI should be working with my EFI folder.

Strange behaviour.

1. I use the original EFI folder from #894
2. Audio is working via headphones front plug-in , BUT:

I put the Balance in the middle and the sound is like "Audio L minus Audio R". Don't know how to describe it better. Seems I do hear only the "middle part" of the Stereo.​
If I go to BALANCE right only, than​
- both left and right headphones are playing; and​
- it sounds normal​
Any idea?

Sound.png

Hi,

Getting a stop sign on NUC8i3BEH during attempt to load installer. In verbose mode it says - Still waiting for root device. Using EFI from post #894. BIOS version is 0072 from stock.
Any idea is appreciated =)
Are your bios settings all good? Vt-d disabled? I used unibeast to create the usb stick. Then removed all contents of the EFI folder and dropped all the files in provided by leesureone. That worked flawlessly for me!

Strange behaviour.

1. I use the original EFI folder from #894
2. Audio is working via headphones front plug-in , BUT:

I put the Balance in the middle and the sound is like "Audio L minus Audio R". Don't know how to describe it better. Seems I do hear only the "middle part" of the Stereo.​
If I go to BALANCE right only, than​
- both left and right headphones are playing; and​
- it sounds normal​
Any idea?

View attachment 452838
Try this version of my EFI and see if it helps.

Attachments

• Cat8EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 84
Thanks for the try, but no.
Same Audio sound.

Thanks for the try, but no.
Same Audio sound.
Did you see this suggestion at the end of #894 post? Its worked for some users who had sound issues, different from yours, but it might work.

Edit: If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer)

I did, using Hackintool to install the .kext in /L/E, especially the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext.

No success :(
For tonight I have to stopp testing.
Thanks for your support so far.

Can anybody confirm if running a dual monitor setup on a NUC is reliable and working properly? I can find references to issues and needing to boot with one before plugging another in etc. But they may be old....heres hoping a dual monitor config works.

I have NUC8i7BEH and LG 27UD88 connected via USB-C and Dell U2715H connected via HDMI. Works well (sleep, power on), no need to re-connect or anything.

I did, using Hackintool to install the .kext in /L/E, especially the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext.

No success :(
For tonight I have to stopp testing.
Thanks for your support so far.
Hmmm. Is your monitor connected by HDMI, with the two fake PCIID kexts if it is you should see it in the System Preferences Sound Output. In your screen shot its not showing not that it would help with the head phone jack audio.

I have NUC8i7BEH and LG 27UD88 connected via USB-C and Dell U2715H connected via HDMI. Works well (sleep, power on), no need to re-connect or anything.

Me too.
LG 24EB23 (1920*1200px) two times
One HDMI - DVI Cable and the other USB-C-10€-Box to HDMI/DVI/USB and using HDMI - DVI Cable again.

No issues at all.

Back