Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Has anyone got bleutooth working? Mine is discovering, sees my mouse and keyboard but can't connect to it. The MAC address is 00-00-00-00-00-00
The onboard Bluetooth occasionally will work but is not dependable

Is there anything I could try to get this to work or is it just bad luck
I'm not sure bad luck is how I would put it, intel wireless/ bluetooth controllers are well recognized as nonfunctioning in hackintosh builds.

Hi there,

I got a rather hitching issue with the following install : High Sierra running on a NUC8I7BEH with 32Gb RAM and SSD.
Display through HDMI (IIYAMA 4k), with BIOS v51 (the early native).
But it occured to me that the display was not waking up properly after switching from another box.
I then decided to upgrade BIOS to v77 (the latest one).

And now, after this upgrade, the box is not booting anymore : the bar below Apple logo is progressing very slowly, and if I let it get up to the end, it stops at 100%, and never actually boots up.

First remark : on the same machine, I also have a Mojave install, and it shows the same culprit when trying to boot. Same as well when trying to reboot with the USB stick I used to install. So, IMHO, this is definitely due to a wrong/lame BIOS upgrade.

Then a question : is it a good move to try to downgrade the BIOS version to say V71 or v72 ?
Related : where to find these old BIOS files ? They disappeared from Intel site, and only v77 shows up there...
And, even if I get to some v72 file, say, will I breake something by downgrading ?
How could I get to the original v51 BIOS, please ? Where to get that file ?

The original culprit came probably from the HDMI handshake not taking place between the NUC and the display when I switched in. Not good. But, I noticed 2 things : there is an HDMI firmware upgrade available on this Intel site (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98414/Intel-NUC). Rather good. But it appears that this firmware upgrade tool will work only in Win10. Rather bad. How to apply this update when running a Hackintosh ?

Thanks a lot for any hints, Regards, G.G.

Hey buddy can you help me out on your open core I updated to 0.5.6 and I can't get it to boot. Thanks.
gave me all kind of errors like the vault and console behavior If you could update your EFI from OpenCore 0.5.6. Thanks..
Hi @PeteA, check this out and let me know. As usual you must change your serial number and UUID.

Attachments

• EFINUC8OC5.6.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Hi there,

I got a rather hitching issue with the following install : High Sierra running on a NUC8I7BEH with 32Gb RAM and SSD.
Display through HDMI (IIYAMA 4k), with BIOS v51 (the early native).
But it occured to me that the display was not waking up properly after switching from another box.
I then decided to upgrade BIOS to v77 (the latest one).

And now, after this upgrade, the box is not booting anymore : the bar below Apple logo is progressing very slowly, and if I let it get up to the end, it stops at 100%, and never actually boots up.

First remark : on the same machine, I also have a Mojave install, and it shows the same culprit when trying to boot. Same as well when trying to reboot with the USB stick I used to install. So, IMHO, this is definitely due to a wrong/lame BIOS upgrade.

Then a question : is it a good move to try to downgrade the BIOS version to say V71 or v72 ?
Related : where to find these old BIOS files ? They disappeared from Intel site, and only v77 shows up there...
And, even if I get to some v72 file, say, will I breake something by downgrading ?
How could I get to the original v51 BIOS, please ? Where to get that file ?

The original culprit came probably from the HDMI handshake not taking place between the NUC and the display when I switched in. Not good. But, I noticed 2 things : there is an HDMI firmware upgrade available on this Intel site (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98414/Intel-NUC). Rather good. But it appears that this firmware upgrade tool will work only in Win10. Rather bad. How to apply this update when running a Hackintosh ?

Thanks a lot for any hints, Regards, G.G.
First I would try booting with the -v or verbose setting in Clover, hit the space bar and then google down to check that setting and then back up to boot with that option. It should show you where its hanging and give you a better idea of what's going on. You can post a picture of the screen if that helps. You can also load windows onto a USB hard Drive, search google for How To...

Sorry if I'm asking a question that's been asking a million times but the search here seems to be broken. Anyone have video through USB C working? I have an old Apple Cinema Display that I could probably get a Mini-DP to USB C adapter for, but I thought I should check if the video is even supported. I'm running a NUC7i3.

Sorry if I'm asking a question that's been asking a million times but the search here seems to be broken. Anyone have video through USB C working? I have an old Apple Cinema Display that I could probably get a Mini-DP to USB C adapter for, but I thought I should check if the video is even supported. I'm running a NUC7i3.
It works, there is an option in the bios to choose which display adapter is primary or secondary (Thunderbolt or HDMI). One caveat is not all monitors behave the same, good chance it will work for the risked cost of the adapter though.

Back