Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC Kit 8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Okay, as long as you are aware the next OS X update can break it. It also means your SSDT was not properly configured for your hardware but that probably seems unimportant now.
Ok :). Now I testing new SSDT from some chinese guy so We will see.

Motherboard
Micro-Star International MS-AEA1
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 960M, HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android,
Sidetopic: I see u have SMSL Q5 DAC. I'm planning to buy one.... Does it still works in Catalina? Can Mac OSX control the DAC's volume or I can control it only from DAC? Thanks
It works, but starting from Catalina, MacOS seems unable to control its volume, so I use the remote control for that. On Mojave, I could control it from the system interface.

Motherboard
Inspiron 7548 (Clover)
CPU
I7-5500U/Intel Broadwell
Graphics
HD5500/AMD R7 M270,3840x2160
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a fresh Mojave install on NUC7i7BNH and everything works. This is using today's github commit.
Dual monitors (usb-c and hdmi) work. Analog and hdmi audio work.
The only minor inconvenience is one of the displays has to be disconnected during start. Otherwise I have no signal on the display at all. But once it's up, I can plug in the other display without any problems.

I just got a NUC7i5DNH (dawson canyon) and a dw1560 wireless card. I'll do another install and report back. Hoping to have wifi and bluetooth on that.

Thanks @RehabMan. Great work
How did you get your graphics to work on the NUC7i7BNH? Im running Catalina and I cant get it to work.

Motherboard
Intel NUC Kit 8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
How did you get your graphics to work on the NUC7i7BNH? Im running Catalina and I cant get it to work.
if you use integrated gpu you can try going into Clover graphics and check inject intel.

Of course you need add few lines into Clover

Comment: change GFX0 to IGPU
Find* [HEX]: 47465830
Replace [HEX]: 49475055

Comment: change HECI to IMEI
Find* [HEX]: 48454349
Replace [HEX]: 494d4549

Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Does anybody know if the NUCs with USB C work with an LG Ultrafine 4k (21.5" / 2016 model) monitor?
From what I can see the NUCs support Displayport over USB C which is what is required (alternative mode?) but have not found anybody confirming this display works. Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming E
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Does anybody know if the NUCs with USB C work with an LG Ultrafine 4k (21.5" / 2016 model) monitor?
From what I can see the NUCs support Displayport over USB C which is what is required (alternative mode?) but have not found anybody confirming this display works. Thanks in advance.
Monitors can be a wild card, it will probably work but there could be issues, may work just fine. I use a couple of later model LG 4K 27 inch monitors without issue.

Motherboard
Intel NUC7i3BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Can someone tell me what part I need for the bluetooth in a NUC7? I used the new method to install and it's working great! So well, in fact, that I'm thinking about getting another one and getting Handoff working. We really need a new thread! :)

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Can someone tell me what part I need for the bluetooth in a NUC7? I used the new method to install and it's working great! So well, in fact, that I'm thinking about getting another one and getting Handoff working. We really need a new thread! :)
The onboard intel card can't be relied on in my experience, although some users have reported it working, either way it won't get you hand off. A USB dongle won't either, you have to use one of the cards listed in this thread. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/

The simplest solution I found is to use the adapter and airport card below in your M2 slot. You also need to add antenna connectors that I found at Ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQ976CR/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C7B29FM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Can anybody confirm if running a dual monitor setup on a NUC is reliable and working properly? I can find references to issues and needing to boot with one before plugging another in etc. But they may be old....heres hoping a dual monitor config works.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Can anybody confirm if running a dual monitor setup on a NUC is reliable and working properly? I can find references to issues and needing to boot with one before plugging another in etc. But they may be old....heres hoping a dual monitor config works.
Well, I use dual monitors all the time but have not been successful with booting with both connected. I unplug one and wait until OSx finishes loading and them plug in the other. Then I let the NUC sleep instead of shutting it off and its fine when I wake it up. I don't turn any of my computers off anyway so for me it's fine. Someone else might have a solved it but never reported it in this thread.