Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z490 Gaming E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks, this is super helpful.

I don't want dual monitors to be a major hassle, so I will likely hold off unless I get an awesome deal on a NUC7, or decide to drop down to single monitor.

As I understand it you can only use an adaptor for wifi/bluetooth in a NUC8 if you then use a slower SATA SSD, as opposed to a fast M2 SSD. Which is a tradeoff I did not want to make.

Interesting commentary on the noise as well - I like my machines to be as silent as possible, so it sounds like this may not be the best choice. Out of interest what ITX build are you considering?
I had this Motherboard and it worked great with either DGPU or iGPU and swapping out the wireless card. The one thing I didn't like was you couldn't control the leds on the board except though windows which it would promptly forget about booting into OSx.
I also picked up one of these and have everything working with opencore and help from another site I can't mention here. GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard. I use a AMD dedicated graphics card natively recognized and am waiting for a very small ITX case that supports use of both.
Lots of good choices out there now for both intel and AMD

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH
CPU
i5 - 8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys and Masters of Hackintoshing,

three days reading here and now trying my first own NUC8 - I call him MasterNuc ;)

I choose the NUC8I5BEH with added 32GB of RAM and a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NWme drive.
I followed the steps, also Post #894 and I stuck here with

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 21.25.11.png

and Ethernet build in Problems.

en0_active.png

I already tried IntelMausi 2.2 to 2.4.1d1, copied from the provided EFI Master folder, from MultiBeast 11.3.0, as standalone installer and also CloverConfigurator ACPI/FixLAN and FixRegions.

Any USB LAN (AX8817) is working fine.

"Green lights" are on (also renamed as en0), but I don't get connection.

IntelMausi_2.4.1d1.png

I'll copy my complete EFI folder over here and'll be very happy to get some hints (or solutions).

Thanks in advance.

FixLAN.png
FixRegions.png
Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 21.17.37.png

Attachments

• MasterNucEFI.zip
    30 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Guys and Masters of Hackintoshing,

three days reading here and now trying my first own NUC8 - I call him MasterNuc ;)

I choose the NUC8I5BEH with added 32GB of RAM and a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NWme drive.
I followed the steps, also Post #894 and I stuck here with

View attachment 452542

and Ethernet build in Problems.

View attachment 452543

I already tried IntelMausi 2.2 to 2.4.1d1, copied from the provided EFI Master folder, from MultiBeast 11.3.0, as standalone installer and also CloverConfigurator ACPI/FixLAN and FixRegions.

Any USB LAN (AX8817) is working fine.

"Green lights" are on (also renamed as en0), but I don't get connection.

View attachment 452544

I'll copy my complete EFI folder over here and'll be very happy to get some hints (or solutions).

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 452545 View attachment 452546 View attachment 452547
So you are having problems connecting wired internet? It should just work with my EFI folder as is, you should not need the fix Regions or fix LAN settings.
You can try this bios setting and see if it helps:
"Disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH
CPU
i5 - 8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:clap:

Thank you very much.

Now Ethernet is working with IntelMausi 2.5 (as expected) and I can continue to solve the other small issues, like sound via headphone jack front panel and building an internal USB port with the headers for a (hopefully working) USB Bluetooth and WLAN stick from Edimax EW-7611.
I'll test and report.

Thanks again @Leesureone

PCIe_ASPM_unchecked.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8I5BEH
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
On the first page it is written that maybe there will be separate page for NUC8, did that happen or all relevant informations for NUC8i5BEH are just in this thread? 10q

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
On the first page it is written that maybe there will be separate page for NUC8, did that happen or all relevant informations for NUC8i5BEH are just in this thread? 10q
Please see here: #894

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
:clap:

Thank you very much.

Now Ethernet is working with IntelMausi 2.5 (as expected) and I can continue to solve the other small issues, like sound via headphone jack front panel and building an internal USB port with the headers for a (hopefully working) USB B and WLAN stick from Edimax.
I'll test and report.

Thanks again @Leesureone

View attachment 452710
That's great, sound from the front jack and HDMI should be working with my EFI folder.

Motherboard
-
CPU
-
Graphics
-
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone done this with a NUC8I3BEH? I can't get it to work.. If so could you share your EFI folder?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Has anyone done this with a NUC8I3BEH? I can't get it to work.. If so could you share your EFI folder?
Sure. Have you seen this post ?

Motherboard
-
CPU
-
Graphics
-
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sure. Have you seen this post ?

I had not.. following it now! looks like it is working!
Do I need to do all the CLI steps from the tutorial from post #1?