Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

If you think you're getting a KP, temporarily remove EmuVarableUefi-64.efi from drivers64UEFI, then reproduce the KP, then collect PR files (the script collects KP reports).
Will EmuVarableUefi-64.efi prevent KP files generating?
And do I need reboot after removing it?

Will EmuVarableUefi-64.efi prevent KP files generating?

With EmuVariableUefi-64.efi KP reports cannot be captured to NVRAM (system reboots before any shutdown scripts can run).

And do I need reboot after removing it?

Yes, of course (it is loaded by Clover).

With EmuVariableUefi-64.efi KP reports cannot be captured to NVRAM (system reboots before any shutdown scripts can run).

Yes, of course (it is loaded by Clover).

It doesn't reproduce again. I don't know what exactly happened.
Is there other ways to collect KP reports except remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi(will cause other problems)?

I'm using a WD Black NVMe. Low level formatted for 4k LBA in Linux (it comes as 512 LBA).

Sounds like that may be the real problem.

No idea what you mean.

Finally! Today I installed a 970 EVO and the NUC now boots with legacy boot enabled, without issues.
I can say with confidence it is the legacy boot rom present in the Samsung 950 PRO that messes the boot process up.
I am installing MacOS and will report back later.

Hi all,

I'm no stranger to hackintoshing; I've been running my MSI laptop as a hack for years now. However, while setting up my new NUC8i5BEK, I've hit a bit of a roadblock. After installing and attempting a first boot, it will reboot at some point during either the boot animation or shortly after (before it shows the language selection screen). Usually I can trace the crash if its shown on the screen, but for some reason they're not shown with this crash, it just reboots back to Clover. I'm using config_insall_nuc8_bc.plist from the repository, and nothing else (other than the necessary kexts). As this is the first time I've needed to seek help from the community, just tell me what I need to get and/or post and I'll happily oblige. IDK if it matters, but the NVME drive I have in the NUC is the 512GB Intel SSD 600p.

Thanks in advance for any help!

hello rehabman, i followed your guide to install 10.14.1 on my nuc 7I7DHNE . almost perfect ! except the hwmonitor only shows the disk temprature . i have put all the sensers kexts to EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER/ . any ideals ?
屏幕快照 2018-12-01 下午7.37.07.png
屏幕快照 2018-12-01 下午7.37.29.png
屏幕快照 2018-12-01 下午7.37.42.png

and problem report file:

Attachments

• problem.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm no stranger to hackintoshing; I've been running my MSI laptop as a hack for years now. However, while setting up my new NUC8i5BEK, I've hit a bit of a roadblock. After installing and attempting a first boot, it will reboot at some point during either the boot animation or shortly after (before it shows the language selection screen). Usually I can trace the crash if its shown on the screen, but for some reason they're not shown with this crash, it just reboots back to Clover. I'm using config_insall_nuc8_bc.plist from the repository, and nothing else (other than the necessary kexts). As this is the first time I've needed to seek help from the community, just tell me what I need to get and/or post and I'll happily oblige. IDK if it matters, but the NVME drive I have in the NUC is the 512GB Intel SSD 600p.

Thanks in advance for any help!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, post photos of all your BIOS setup screens.

hello rehabman, i followed your guide to install 10.14.1 on my nuc 7I7DHNE . almost perfect ! except the hwmonitor only shows the disk temprature . i have put all the sensers kexts to EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER/ . any ideals ?View attachment 369276 View attachment 369277 View attachment 369278

and problem report file:

FakeSMC sensor kexts are not installed by default (they are quite inefficient, so I don't use them).
If you want them you must install them.
You can use:
Code:
_tools/install_sensors.sh

Back