Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

The Dell XPS guys got their ports to hotplug and I was able to follow their work and get my MSI's port to hotplug as well. If this is an Alpine or Titan Ridge controller, the same patches should work. I can try it once I get booted, assuming you haven't already attempted this.
No, I didn't try it yet. But I will. What did you do exactly? I was looking into it but never finished the efforts since other issues were bugging me more.

Booting into single user mode and exiting worked around the language page reboots I was always seeing

Thanks, I'll try that.

I have no TB devices to test with. No real need to purchase any either.

Normal USB-C should be affected the same, no?

No, I didn't try it yet. But I will. What did you do exactly? I was looking into it but never finished the efforts since other issues were bugging me more.

You just have to patch the DSDT to ignore the remove sequence that sleeps the controller.

FakeSMC sensor kexts are not installed by default (they are quite inefficient, so I don't use them).
If you want them you must install them.
You can use:
Code:
_tools/install_sensors.sh

thanks . problem has been solved.
屏幕快照 2018-12-02 上午9.27.29.png

I followed the guide trying to do a clean 10.14.1 install but I'm unable to boot into the desktop.

I created an USB boot disk with clover UEFI and Mojave 10.14.1.
I boot from USB, erase my SSD and install Mojave on it without issues and reboot.

After the first reboot I continue the installation by selecting the new entry that appears in clover. It boots into the GUI, starts the install countdown and usually reboots after 2 minutes (i'm unable to log).

If I select the same option again in clover, it boots into the GUI, starts the install countdown again and seems to install until the end and then reboots.

Now I can select a new entry in clover to boot macOS from my SSD and this is where I get stuck.
It boots into the GUI (I can see a grey background and my mouse pointer for a half-second) and then reboots every time.

Any ideas ?

One thing is I don't have the following option in my BIOS (0051):
Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit" is enabled.

I followed the guide trying to do a clean 10.14.1 install but I'm unable to boot into the desktop.

I boot from USB, erase my SSD and install Mojave on it without issues and reboot.

After the first reboot I continue the installation by selecting the new entry that appears in clover. It boots into the GUI, starts the install countdown and usually reboots after 2 minutes (i'm unable to log).

If I select the same option again in clover, it boots into the GUI, starts the install countdown again and seems to install until the end and then reboots.

Now I can select a new entry in clover to boot macOS from my SSD and this is where I get stuck.
It boots into the GUI (I can see a grey background and my mouse pointer for a half-second) and then reboots every time.

Any ideas ?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Did you try booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). You can easily set it with Clover Options -> Graphics.

Any ideas ?

This is the exact same issue I'm having, just described significantly better because I kinda suck with words. Have you tried single user mode as suggested above?

Back