Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi I Have Nuc8i7beh and i'm using your open core At boot i have a black screen can you help Everything works great It would be nice if you could make a complete identical with bios iMac Pro thank.
Try this version of the config.plist. The apple now shows during boot, stayed with the reccomended symbios for this model though. Change the serial numbers same as before

Attachments

• Config.plist
    17.1 KB · Views: 93
Thats for a Clover install right? This is an OpenCore bootloader issue.
I don't know if the conversion from OpenCore to Clover is correct until I run it.
My problem is solved.

I don't know if the conversion from OpenCore to Clover is correct until I run it.
My problem is solved.
I'm not sure what you are saying exactly. I uploaded a revised config.plist that resolved the black screen using a different but documented approach.

I'm not sure what you are saying exactly.
I was looking for a solution with the phenomenon "Starting in Verbose mode at startup reduces the startup time."
I don't know if it has anything to do with the black screen problem.

I was looking for a solution with the phenomenon "Starting in Verbose mode at startup reduces the startup time."
I don't know if it has anything to do with the black screen problem.
Still not clear. For what bootloader and what hardware?

Try this version of the config.plist. The apple now shows during boot, stayed with the reccomended symbios for this model though. Change the serial numbers same as before
thank you

No, do not follow the original guide in any form, do not download from Rehabman's Github page and try to run his terminal scripts. Its outdated due to changes to OS X and Intel bios updates and your NUC will not boot. @spottsy wrote a more comprehensive guide here using my uploaded EFI folder. See here and please read the post carefully before posting anymore questions.

#1,582
You are a legendary human Leesureone! I'll post again if I have a question for ya!

thank you
Hey Buddy by any chance can you do open Core in iMac Pro I have Clover in iMac Pro everything works Perfect when I use your open core and change the Bios my Bluetooth doesn't's work But everything else works Perfect I have apple Bluetooth & WIFI Card PS. With Clover Everything works Perfect... Thank..

Hey Buddy by any chance can you do open Core in iMac Pro I have Clover in iMac Pro everything works Perfect when I use your ope core and change the Bios my Bluetooth doesn't's work I have apple Bluetooth & WIFI Card PS. With Clover Everything works Perfect... Thank..
Hey Buddy by any chance can you do open Core in iMac Pro I have Clover in iMac Pro everything works Perfect when I use your open core and change the Bios my Bluetooth doesn't's work But everything else works Perfect I have apple Bluetooth & WIFI Card PS. With Clover Everything works Perfect... Thank..
So to clarify are you running an M2 adapter card to get bluetooth and wifi working? If so it's your usb.ssdt or a port limit patch in your config.plist that activates the internal usb header you need. Not the Symbios information.
Do you know how you have usb configured?

Also the reason I recommend using the Macmini 8.1 Symbios is because it's very similar to the NUC hardware, the MacPro 1.1 has a Xeon Processor and no Integrated graphics, completely different animal.

Last edited:
Back