Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I have an issue with the disk indicator led, the led stays on after shut down. I have a dual boot configuration and in Windows it switches off.

I have an issue with the disk indicator led, the led stays on after shut down. I have a dual boot configuration and in Windows it switches off.
That is the first time something like that has been reported here or in the other thread on the NUC8i5 by @Cric. I'm going to suggest its not really shutting down completely and software, a kext or hardware maybe keeping that from happening. Tough to suggest anyting except to follow how to generate problem reporting files in the first post by Rehabman. Its near the end of the post. You can review them yourself or post them so we can take a look.

Problem reporting

Problem reports should be accompanied by various files that allow your progress to be accounted for...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello,
Can I install the last security update, without risk, that of January 28 (2020-001) ???

Last edited:
That is the first time something like that has been reported here or in the other thread on the NUC8i5 by @Cric. I'm going to suggest its not really shutting down completely and software, a kext or hardware maybe keeping that from happening. Tough to suggest anyting except to follow how to generate problem reporting files in the first post by Rehabman. Its near the end of the post. You can review them yourself or post them so we can take a look.

Problem reporting

Problem reports should be accompanied by various files that allow your progress to be accounted for...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks for your reply, I attached the gen_debug output

PM: I discovered that after restoring Energy Saver settings to Default, the indicator LED went off ( I had the Energy Saver set at Never to avoid wake issues.

Attachments

• debug_18517.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I attached the gen_debug output

PM: I discovered that after restoring Energy Saver settings to Default, the indicator LED went off ( I had the Energy Saver set at Never to avoid wake issues.
No duplicate kexts and I can't say I know what is causing your issues with powering off, I have the same model and never had this issue. It does look like you have a USB Wireless receiver, and various USB devices are notorious for causing sleep/ wake issues. Have you tried unplugging that and seeing if it powers off correctly? See Bolded/ Italic area below.

PMSET DUMP :-
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 1
powernap 1
gpuswitch 2
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 0 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync)
hibernatemode 3
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 0
tcpkeepalive 1
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow 86400
END DUMP FOR PMSET

PMSET ASSERTIONS DUMP :-
2020-02-06 19:33:47 +0100
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 262(mds_stores): [0x00000068000b80f8] 00:00:02 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds_stores.power"
pid 702(AddressBookSourceSync): [0x00000043000180bf] 00:00:38 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Address Book Source Sync"
Timeout will fire in 1761 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
pid 64(mds): [0x00000007000b8002] 00:01:39 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds.power"
pid 95(hidd): [0x0000001900098046] 00:00:16 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968206.3"
Kernel Assertions: 0x104=USB,MAGICWAKE
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14400000 owner=Wireless Receiver
id=501 level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=en0 owner=en0

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler
END DUMP FOR PMSET ASSERTIONS.

DUMP FOR TRIM STATUS :-
TRIM Support: No
TRIM Support: No
END DUMP FOR TRIM STATUS.

I'm back... Still I have problem with wake up I did everything and still it not working. I have black screen , but I hear sound in system.

No duplicate kexts and I can't say I know what is causing your issues with powering off, I have the same model and never had this issue. It does look like you have a USB Wireless receiver, and various USB devices are notorious for causing sleep/ wake issues. Have you tried unplugging that and seeing if it powers off correctly? See Bolded/ Italic area below.

Hi, I followed your advice and unplugged the USB Wireless receiver, attached wired keyboard and mouse. No power off problems. After that re-inserted the usb receiver again and since then NO MORE power of problems. Strange, but I am happy now. Thanks anyway.

Hello.
I've used the lastest Leesureone efi folder config and everything works fine. except for lan after sleep. I have to reboot the nuc everytime it sleeps to get it back to work.
thanks

I'm back... Still I have problem with wake up I did everything and still it not working. I have black screen , but I hear sound in system.
Did you replace your EFI folder, including the config.plist, with mine? What USB decides do you have plugged in (same question as before)?

Hello.
I've used the lastest Leesureone efi folder config and everything works fine. except for lan after sleep. I have to reboot the nuc everytime it sleeps to get it back to work.
thanks
What devices do you have plugged into your system via USB? May not be a factor but USB can issues can wack sleep/ wake behavior. Besides that question two things you can try, substituting this LAN Driver for the one in your EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder (IntelMausiEthernet.kext). Save a copy to your desktop, delete the original and then empty the trash. Paste the attached into the same location.

If that doesn't work making this bios adjustment:

Fix for IntelMausi GigaBit issues: "disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section, this improves Gigabit stability".

Attachments

• IntelMausi-1.0.2-RELEASE.zip
    117 KB · Views: 51
Back