Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Or use Unibeast to create the install media then replace the EFI folder on your USB drive with the one attached. Once install completes repeat the process on your hard drive.

Sorry, completely forgot to mention NUC7 not 8. My bad! The EFI you linked is for the 8.
If you have the Dawson Canyon model I don't think what I uploaded for you will work.

On my box the full spec is NUC7i5BNH. Not sure if that equates to Dawson canyon or not. Checked intel website and that specific serial isn’t but similar ones are.

On my box the full spec is NUC7i5BNH. Not sure if that equates to Dawson canyon or not. Checked intel website and that specific serial isn’t but similar ones are.
Yours is a "Baby Canyon" model same as mine. My model is NUCi7BNH so that EFI folder should work. The original guide by Rehabman also still works, you just need a newer version of clover to install Mojave 14.2 and higher.

Last edited:
Multi worked, now I am stuck on apfs_module_start:1683 when I boot in-v. Waited all night for it in regular boot for the bar to fill up and give me the above error when using verbose the following morning.

Multi worked, now I am stuck on apfs_module_start:1683 when I boot in-v. Waited all night for it in regular boot for the bar to fill up and give me the above error when using verbose the following morning.
Check your bios settings, if that's not it try another USB drive and start over. The install window comes up in less than five minutes.

To start, choose "Load Defaults" (choose from the menu or press F9 in the BIOS setup).

In order to boot the Clover from the USB, you should visit your BIOS settings:
- « Inter VT for directed I/VO (VT-d) » should be disabled
- « Secure Boot » should be disabled
- « Legacy Boot » should be enabled
- « Fast Boot » should be disabled
- Boot->Boot Devices-> « USB » should be enabled
- SATA mode should be AHCI

- Boot->Boot Configuration-> « Boot Network Devices Last » should be disabled
- Power->Secondary Power Settings, « Wake on LAN from S4/S5 », set to « Stay Off »

These settings are important but are already set as needed by « Load Defaults »
- Devices->Video, « IGD Minimum Memory » set to 64mb
- Devices->Video, « IGD Aperture Size » set to 256mb

Not to worry, sorted it by adding a file I found via google! Everything is up and running perfectly, thank you so much for your assistance! As I can't search threads for word-specific things I was wondering if there's been developments on getting the WiFi card to work, and if not I'm using a SATA SSD so I was wondering what the latest way to get WiFi/BT integration working well?

Not to worry, sorted it by adding a file I found via google! Everything is up and running perfectly, thank you so much for your assistance! As I can't search threads for word-specific things I was wondering if there's been developments on getting the WiFi card to work, and if not I'm using a SATA SSD so I was wondering what the latest way to get WiFi/BT integration working well?
I'm curious what you had to add, if it helps other users to get set I'll add it to the EFI. The built in intel wifi is a nonstarter, nothing will make it work short of changing the OS. If you are willing to give up your nvme slot and are ready to spend the time to find the parts to put it together there is a process to do it.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-stuck-at-apfs_module_start-1683.284979/ - added the file from the first comment, booted within 30 seconds. Sure am, do you know where to start? :)
Interesting, thanks for that. This is the most complete post out there but its still not exactly clear. Once you have the parts the SSDT-NUC7.aml will need to be modified to activate the internal USB headers.

Back