Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi!

I have a NUC8i7BEH, 64 GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.2, bios 077, using Leesureone latest EFI folder (I just modified the config.plist to support the 64GB RAM).

Everything works great, I think this has been asked before: when I connect in pre boot a Thunderbolt 3 Sabrent Dock or an external Nvme 2TB drive enclosure they works great, but if I unplug the TB3 device or if my NUC goes to sleep, my computer immediately restart itself, (the TB3 in bios is in legacy).

Any suggestions? this is driving me crazy

thanks!!

Nice you got 64GB to work on the NUC817BEH. I've been struggling to get it to recognize mine.
Won't boot even if I only have 1x32gb stick in.
Tried different things in the config.plist.

Could you share what you changed in that the config.plist and the steps you went through to make it work?

I also managed to get a little further in trouble shooting.
The RAM I bought is 2 x Corsair Vengeance 32GB.

- If I don't edit the plist, then the NUC won't boot.
- If I edit the plist and set the RAM to be 32gb, then the NUC won't boot.
- If I edit the plist and set the RAM to be 16gb, I actually get a boot. But the RAM is then shown as 16GB, and Ram usage becomes a weird number in the millions. So that's obviously not the right thing either.

Maybe there's a setting or kext. The NUC recognizes the RAM fine in the BIOS.
I'm having 10.14.2 installed, but I imagine it doesn't really make a difference with this here.

Thanks

Yes, but how can that 64gb be running at 2666mhz? Or is it not and that system info shown in the image above is spoofed?
randomrossity seems to infer that the ram was set to (run at) 2666mhz.

I’m probably missing something here as I tested my own i5 nuc with 2666mhz ram and it throttled it to 2400.
He set values for his memory in his config.plist that spoofs OS X so its running at 2400mhz but shows as 2666.

Nice you got 64GB to work on the NUC817BEH. I've been struggling to get it to recognize mine.
Won't boot even if I only have 1x32gb stick in.
Tried different things in the config.plist.

Could you share what you changed in that the config.plist and the steps you went through to make it work?
It would look someting like this in Clover Configurator

Memory.png

He set values for his memory in his config.plist that spoofs OS X so its running at 2400mhz but shows as 2666.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I guessed this must be the case as like I said I tested this myself with 8Gb of 2666mhz that I bought cheap so I knew whether to get 2400mhz or 2666mhz when buying the 32gb that I now have installed. Just had a small panic there when I thought I may have missed something during testing!

Hey guys, been lurking for a bit and just purchased myself an i5BNH. I tried the updated vanilla install linked on page 159 but after dropping the EFI folder linked in to the partition and restarting, I find myself either with no visible USB in bios or no visible Catalina in clover. what am I doing wrong? USB partition -> terminal Catalina install -> Mount efi + transfer files. also tried installing clover from pkg but then I hit full circle when no installer shows up in Clover. haven’t done hackin since 2014 so please forgive for noob :)

Hey guys, been lurking for a bit and just purchased myself an i5BNH. I tried the updated vanilla install linked on page 159 but after dropping the EFI folder linked in to the partition and restarting, I find myself either with no visible USB in bios or no visible Catalina in clover. what am I doing wrong? USB partition -> terminal Catalina install -> Mount efi + transfer files. also tried installing clover from pkg but then I hit full circle when no installer shows up in Clover. haven’t done hackin since 2014 so please forgive for noob :)
Please try again with the EFI folder in this post.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, completely forgot to mention NUC7 not 8. My bad! The EFI you linked is for the 8.

Sorry, completely forgot to mention NUC7 not 8. My bad! The EFI you linked is for the 8.
Try this one then, change the serial numbers after install

Attachments

• EFINUC7.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 115
So I literally just install catalina via terminal then copy that EFI folder over to the EFI partition? No clover install or anything? Just want to get the method correct is all

Back