Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,
I have one specific question relevant with my NUC connecting with a Lenovo USB-C monitor.
The monitor has USB-C video input function so I connected my NUC's thunderbolt port to the monitor via a USB-C cable come together with the monitor. I created Hackinthosh on the NUC following this guide. Everything works well except the following:
1. When I shutdown my hackintosh from the "Apple" menu item, it only restarts at the first time, and when it reboots to MacOS again, if I click shutdown menu item again , it could shutdown correctly.
2. The monitor has also a USB-hub function, and it uses the same USB-C cable to extend the NUC's USB ports to the monitor. But USB ports at the monitor could only read my flash drive, not my logitech webcam.
I personally think above problems are due to the USB-hub in my monitor as if I connect the monitor with a HDMI cable, it could restart correctly. (The USB-hub in monitor works well under Windows 10.)

Could you be so kind to look at my issue and let me know if I need further tweaking of my Hacktintosh? Required files are attached. Thank you so much

What BIOS version? (CPU PM is not working due to what looks like ACPI changes in BIOS).

Note: I went ahead and made changes to the repo to handle your CPU situation (requires updates to config.plist and ACPI).

Your shutdown issue is likely due to the TB connected USB hub in the monitor.
You could use that USB-C port for the monitor with a USB type-C->HDMI (or ->DP) adapter.
TB tends to cause a number of issues...

Last edited:
What BIOS version? (CPU PM is not working due to what looks like ACPI changes in BIOS).

Note: I went ahead and made changes to the repo to handle your CPU situation (requires updates to config.plist and ACPI).

Your shutdown issue is likely due to the TB connected USB hub in the monitor.
You could use that USB-C port for the monitor with a USB type-C->HDMI (or ->DP) adapter.
TB tends to cause a number of issues...

Hi Rehabman,

Thank you so much for the feedback, I am using the BIOS latest BIOS provided by Intel (date in April 2018).
I will try to update the config.plist and ACPI to see if it solves the problem.
Also thank you for the suggestion regarding the USB-C.

Hi Rehabman,

Thank you so much for the feedback, I am using the BIOS latest BIOS provided by Intel (date in April 2018).
I will try to update the config.plist and ACPI to see if it solves the problem.
Also thank you for the suggestion regarding the USB-C.

I can confirm the latest BIOS changes the ACPI path of the Processor objects. It changed from _PR.CPUx (where 'x' is CPU number) to _PR.PRxx (where 'xx' is CPU number).
The change made recently in the repo (uses config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true) handles both locations.

what is the fake id for intel kabylake i5-7y57 and intel hd 615 graphics ?please help

what is the fake id for intel kabylake i5-7y57 and intel hd 615 graphics ?please help

How is your question related to the NUC?
Your profile indicates laptop hardware.

There is nowhere in the first post mention about bluetooth functionality.
So does it work OOB, or not work at all?
On mine, bluetooth hardware seems to be loaded by system, saying from system information's bluetooth, but when try to search for devices, it takes forever to find nothing.

There is nowhere in the first post mention about bluetooth functionality.
So does it work OOB, or not work at all?
On mine, bluetooth hardware seems to be loaded by system, saying from system information's bluetooth, but when try to search for devices, it takes forever to find nothing.

Intel Bluetooth is not well supported.
See Buyer's Guide for USB BT suggestions.

Hello,
Thanks for this tuto.
Nuc7i5BNH has 2 possibility for SSD (one data 2.5 and one m2 port)
I have a question is it possible to put the system in the 2,5 SSD and use m2 port for one broadcom card full compatible apple ?
Or not?
Thanks for return

I have a question is it possible to put the system in the 2,5 SSD and use m2 port for one broadcom card full compatible apple ?

You might find an adapter for that. Would require some handy work to connect for bluetooth (to one of the USB headers), because most likely the M.2 port does not have the required USB connection.

Wich is the key of the port m2 of this nuc and to which key to search an adapter?
Thank you RehabMan for your future answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back