Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't see any problem in these files.
But it is better to specify only the needed personal data (serial#/etc) in config.plist/SMBIOS and leave the rest default or as specified in the original github config.plist.

Do you think it's safe to update to 10.13.4? Seems there has been quite a lot of firmware updates included for many Macs in the 10.13.4 update, but I guess that won't affect our NUC installations?

Do you think it's safe to update to 10.13.4? Seems there has been quite a lot of firmware updates included for many Macs in the 10.13.4 update, but I guess that won't affect our NUC installations?

Already updated my NUC6i7KYK to 10.13.4.
I don't expect any issue with the NUC7 either.

Last edited:
Several video problems on NUC7i5DNHE with HDMI to DVI adapter.
1. In safari youtube videos freeze after fastforward, same video initially plays well. In firefox no problems.
2. Videos in Photos app or quicktime dont play.
3. vlc player buggy, crashes, doesnt seem codec related.

Any idea's?
Hope I followed the Problemreporting protocol correctly.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 63
  • ck500’s iMac.zip
    516.5 KB · Views: 79
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • kextcache output.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 62
Several video problems on NUC7i5DNHE with HDMI to DVI adapter.
1. In safari youtube videos freeze after fastforward, same video initially plays well. In firefox no problems.
2. Videos in Photos app or quicktime dont play.
3. vlc player buggy, crashes, doesnt seem codec related.

Any idea's?
Hope I followed the Problemreporting protocol correctly.

Probably HD620 specific problems.
My NUC7 has Iris Plus 650.

You might want to check your BIOS settings though... (DVMT-prealloc is set to what?)
Also, your ioreg proves you didn't use the latest github scripts (new ones install newer Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup).
You could also try Skylake spoof.

Thanks for the reply.

Ran the github scripts again as per post #1 in order to update the Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup.

Checked the BIOS, DVMT-prealloc is not to be found in my BIOS settings. IGD Minimum Memory and IGD Aperture Size as per your guide post #1.

Videoplay problem persists. Any idea?

Thanks for the reply.

Ran the github scripts again as per post #1 in order to update the Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup.

Checked the BIOS, DVMT-prealloc is not to be found in my BIOS settings. IGD Minimum Memory and IGD Aperture Size as per your guide post #1.

Videoplay problem persists. Any idea?

IGD Minimum Memory *is* DVMT-prealloc.

Hi all,
A HUGE thank you to RehabMan for this guide and all the thread links.

to all who wander here, if you follow this guide exactly (precisely, absolute and in entirety) everything will work perfectly. Don't mess around with other kexts or add anything until you've completed this guide as is.

Again, Thank you RehabMan,
now to sink this little NUC7i7 into an old iMac G4 frame.
Aw Yiss!

Hi,
is it possible to add another WiFi card in M.2 slot and use it (and somehow SW/BIOS... disable soldered Intel’s adapter)?
In this case, is it necessary to do something with antenas?
I would like to add BCM94352Z M.2 card into the NUC7i3 and then install OSX on NUC, hoping that WiFi and BT will work.
This NUC model has Optane disk (now with Windows), and I plan to add SATA 1TB 5400 disk (to preserve M.2 slot for BCM94352Z WiFi card).
Has anyone tried something like that? Does it work? Any guidelines, issues, warnings...are welcome
Thx

Hi I already tried this and ordered BCM94352Z M.2 over eBay and an Adapter Card ( https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01N9I2WX0/?tag=tonymacx8603-21 ) to the M.2 on the NUC7i5BNH. It didn't work and the Bios, macOS and Linux didn't recognised the Card at all.

The reason is, that the Wifi Cards are using the M.2 Slot with A/E Keys (internally bound to USB & PCIe 2x). The M.2 Slot (the only one on NUC7i5 Board) is a M-Key (internally bound to SATA & PCIe 4x). I thought it will work, because both are using PCIe internally and ordered a Adapter Card from A/E-Keys to B/M-Keys. The result was, that macOS and also the Bios didn't recognised the Card. I tried retrieve more Informations and tried this with an Arch Linux and could not find the card in the Hardware Listings on all OS.
For more details about the different Keys: http://www.delock.de/infothek/M.2/M.2_e.html (in English) or http://www.delock.de/infothek/M.2/M.2.html (in German).

In the End I don't think, that this will technically ever work, because the M.2 Slots are internally completely different.

Hi Rehabman,
I have one specific question relevant with my NUC connecting with a Lenovo USB-C monitor.
The monitor has USB-C video input function so I connected my NUC's thunderbolt port to the monitor via a USB-C cable come together with the monitor. I created Hackinthosh on the NUC following this guide. Everything works well except the following:
1. When I shutdown my hackintosh from the "Apple" menu item, it only restarts at the first time, and when it reboots to MacOS again, if I click shutdown menu item again , it could shutdown correctly.
2. The monitor has also a USB-hub function, and it uses the same USB-C cable to extend the NUC's USB ports to the monitor. But USB ports at the monitor could only read my flash drive, not my logitech webcam.
I personally think above problems are due to the USB-hub in my monitor as if I connect the monitor with a HDMI cable, it could restart correctly. (The USB-hub in monitor works well under Windows 10.)

Could you be so kind to look at my issue and let me know if I need further tweaking of my Hacktintosh? Required files are attached. Thank you so much

Attachments

• USBproblem.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back