Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan first of all thanks, it was my first hackintosh and i manage to do it only because of your guide.

I am trying to get 3 monitors displays configuration (2 of them are 4K monitors, Dell P2415Q). Tried to use MTS daisy chain monitor configuration but the macOS only recognize one monitor and mirror the second one, i made a quick search and it seems daisy chain is not supported by mac.

Do you know if it will work and recognize 2 monitors with an USB-C (male) + 2HDMI (female) adapter?

Now i am using first monitor (4k) connected with HDMI-HDMI cable (flickering screen) and second monitor (4k) with Display-port to USB-C. Third monitor (HD) does not have a port to be connected and is useless now.

Do you have any ideas? Does this alternative patches can help?

You should experiment and see what happens.

How did you connected both monitors on HDMI port? Did you use some kind of HDM switch / splitter? I get flickering monitor using HDMI, but not with USB-C.

Did your first option "1. Belkin USB-C to HDMI adapter + HDMI 2 cable" uses 2 HDMI cables connected with one USB-C adapter? releasing one HDMI port free on the NUC?

Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry - I can connect only two monitors - but both can run 4k60:
1. Directly via a HDMI2.0 cable
2. USB-C to Displayport cable (or USB-C to HDMI adapter)

FWIW, 10.13.2 supplemental update appears to have installed on top of 10.13.2/apfs without problems.

You should experiment and see what happens.

Sorry for the late reply, but i just got the adapter (Thunderbolt to 2 displayports from cabblematters) and it doesn´t work.
It seems the problem is that intel NUC does not support two displays in the thunderbolt port. (the adapter is neither working with windows OS )

I am following this issue on intel NUC community too.

Any news and possible solutions i will post here.

Hi, after updating to High Sierra, my nuc7 doesn't recognize the aux input.. How can I fix it?

Edit : After re-reading the guide, I do ./install_downloads.sh and it worked again after a reboot , sorry

Last edited:
I seem to be experiencing this iTunes related crash using the current set of kexts installed by the nuc repository version
6736d31 (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMauseEtherney, Lilu).

Has anyone else seen this happening? I'm not sure what the appropriate thing to do to fix this is. There's a lot of chatter about Shiki on that linked thread... is it appropriate to add shiki.kext and set shikigva=25?

I seem to be experiencing this iTunes related crash using the current set of kexts installed by the nuc repository version
6736d31 (FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMauseEtherney, Lilu).

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide (no idea which NUC you have).
Please fix as per guide/FAQ.

Has anyone else seen this happening? I'm not sure what the appropriate thing to do to fix this is. There's a lot of chatter about Shiki on that linked thread... is it appropriate to add shiki.kext and set shikigva=25?

You can always experiment with Shiki.kext if iTunes DRM content is important for you.
Personally, I refuse to use/purchase DRM laden content.

Hi all

I can confirm that this guide work very good in Asrock Beebox S i5 7200u
I changed the wifi card to Broadcom and I have BT and WIFI

Thanks to this WEB and @RehabMan

Nuc7i5 updated successfully to 10.13.3. :)

Nuc7i5 updated successfully to 10.13.3. :)
Did you do anything post-update or just ran the update from the App Store app? I can't do ”git stash” anymore for some reason – I get:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Do I have to install the 5.5 GB Xcode to fix that? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back