Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Ivy Bridge HD2500 Full Resolution and QE/CI (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok man, thnx for your interest.

Here are the screenshot of system information/graphics and the exported file of IORegistryExplorer.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2013-04-06 a la(s) 21.20.18.png
    Captura de pantalla 2013-04-06 a la(s) 21.20.18.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 3,332
  • IORegistry.zip
    389.7 KB · Views: 727
Success! Thank you SO much for sharing this.

Through a little bit of trial and error I was able to get the HD2500 on my i5-3450 recognized and working. Here is my basic setup:

3.1 GHz Intel Core i5-3450 (Intel HD2500)
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 [UEFI BIOS] (only has one HDMI port onboard for graphics)
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti 2GB
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3 SDRAM 1600
Samsung 830 128GB SSD
OSX 10.8.3
Windows 7 Ultimate

As I have the GTX 660 Ti for dedicated graphics (I do some gaming on the Window's side of things) the only reason I wanted to try enabling the Intel graphics was to get AirPlay Mirroring working. Basically I enabled onboard graphics in my BIOS settings with graphics memory size = 64MB and DVMT to MAX. I set my smbios to Macmini6,1 and initially I tried setting GraphicsEnabler in org.chameleon.Boot.plist to "Yes" but I kept ending up with a frozen login screen. I tried "GraphicsEnabler=No" and used the EFI-string injection "ig-platform-id: 01660002, stolen RAM for FB: 64MB, Pipes:3, Ports 1, FBMem: 1" here since my board only has the one HDMI port. I booted up and saw this lovely sight:

Screenshot_4_6_13_10_56_PM.png

My "About this Mac" still looks like this and is only showing information for the GTX 660 Ti under "Graphics/Displays":​
Screenshot_4_6_13_10_58_PM.png
Screenshot_4_6_13_10_59_PM.png

All this to say I tested AirPlay and it is working flawlessly which is all I really cared about. I plan to plug in my HDTV via the onboard HDMI and test it out later and I may update my post with info on how well the onboard graphics is working driving a display. Anyways, maybe all this will help someone else.

Thanks again Chocoholic and tonymacx86!​

Ok man, thnx for your interest.

Here are the screenshot of system information/graphics and the exported file of IORegistryExplorer.

Are you using VGA? If yes, then please switch to HDMI or DVI. The drivers do not support analog (VGA) output.

Hello Guys,

First of all i'm from germany so my english is not the best.Sorry...

So today i got a Dell Optiplex 7010 with an i3 3220 with HD 2500 which is not supported, i thought... ;)
I am a Newbie in Hackintosh things...but i want to install ML and make the Dell 7010 run as a Media/FileServer for my 2 Apple TV's and my iPhone/iPad. So i don't need full resolution and things like that.
I used this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ountain-lion-dell-optiplex-7010-gt-640-a.html
Installation works fine but during the first boot i get stuck on the grey Apple boot sequence with that spinning wheel...it's spinning forever :cry:

Now i find this guide here but i don't know how to "Inject the following EFI device properties"
Which File is it and where is the File located?

Thanks for helping me ;)

Are you using VGA? If yes, then please switch to HDMI or DVI. The drivers do not support analog (VGA) output.

So there's no hope whatsoever to get VGA to work (unless Apple adds support in their driver)?

Use the search, Luke!

I didn't know either, I just searched for EFI injection in this forum and found this topic that explains what to do:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ad-fyi-only-guide-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html

Sorry, but thanks for your help.

EDIT:
I'm sorry but i don't get it working with the EFI Injection...i believe that my org.chameleon.Boot.plist is wrong...can someone upload an example? So i can see what i have to add or delete...the only way that my DELL is booting, is with "-x"

This couldn't have come at a better time, as I am about to start a new project with some spare parts. My CPU is an i3-3220 with HD 2500 graphics, so I was just searching for the cheapest video card to supplement, but looks like I may get away without it. My parts list:

Core i3-3220
Gigabyte B75m-ds3h mobo
OCZ Vertex 2 100GB SATA II SSD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) DDR3-1600
Lite-On iHAS124-04 dvd-burner
DIYPC MiniQ7 white Mini-tower case
El cheapo Logisys 480W PSU (confirmed working fine elsewhere)

I must confess that despite this being my 4th, I am still fuzzy on the whole EFI injection/smbios thing. Specifically, read the thread mentioned above, didn't quite get how to do it if the OS can't boot without these mods? Maybe I didn't read close enough, but appreciate all/any tips.

So off we go, this is going to be my project this weekend, wish me luck and stay tuned.

Well, I learned a thing or two today, unfortunately, with little success. I'm going to list all my steps here hoping it saves someone time.

Unibeast install went fine with no special tricks required, then got the endlessly spinning wheel upon reboot, which I somewhat expected... successfully rebooted into safe mode, ran Multibeast with normal settings for my board per another thread here and messed with Chameleon Wizard for some time, managed to inject the first string, rebooted and got a white screen with checkerboard effect on top left... safe mode again, injected the 2nd string, which messed up the system to the point that it wouldn't even load in safe mode... reinstalled the system, booted in safe mode again, Chameleon Wizard in every combination of MacMini6.1 and 6.2 and strings 1, 3 and 4, rebooting after each one. Strings 3 and 4 seem almost there, the screen flickers as if trying to load, but then goes white with checkerboard on top left, or completely black with only the mouse pointer visible.

Interestingly, everything works fine in safe mode after injecting, the System Profile identifies my cpu as i3-3220, and the graphics processor as HD 4000. Seems that I'm very close to success, but as it's now 4am where I live, I guess I better give it a pause. Help is desperately needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back